Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

A healthcare client has a bunch of IP501 handsets and some of the night shift staff have been using the Forwarding and/or Do Not Disturb button to avoid calls coming thru.

I have been able to disable the forwarding capabilities on specific handsets via the phone's config file, however I have been unable to find a way to disable the hardware DND button.

Hoping someone can advise how it can be done for specific handsets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello carlton,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have you tried to use the key.x.y.function.prim Parameter?

Page A - 76 in the SIP Admin Guide => here <= shows the Functions and C - 15 shows the Number associated with the single Buttons.

So key.IP_500.9.function.prim="Null" should be able to disable the DND Button.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello carlton,

Have you tried to use the key.x.y.function.prim Parameter?

Page A - 76 in the SIP Admin Guide => here <= shows the Functions and C - 15 shows the Number associated with the single Buttons.

So key.IP_500.9.function.prim="Null" should be able to disable the DND Button.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks very much.

That did the trick.

HP Recommended

I have the same question but on a IP550.  I have a small call center with 10+ staff and need to disable the "Do Not Disturb" button.  My concern is that staff will press it by mistake and forget that its on.

HP Recommended

Hello WEM,

Did you follow up on my reply in comparison with the possibly different Button Layout on the Handset you are using?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Since I have IP550 instead of an IP501 - not sure if the same answer would apply?  I am not the system admn on these devices but I am responsible for the help desk and would just like to know if there is a option to disable the fixed "Do not Disturb" button on the Ip550.

Thanks for your help on this.

FM Oliveira

HP Recommended

Hello WEM,

as replied above the same functionality can be used (depending on your Software Version) as the SoundPoint IP 550 has a Hardware DND Button.

Please check the FAQ and the matching Admin Guide to the Software that is running on your Phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

as the subject states;

How do you disable Do Not Disturb program on a polycom 6020 hand held phone.

Regards,

John

HP Recommended

Hello John,

Polycom no longer owns SpectraLink / KIRK (Since 2013) so you would need to contact them directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Team,

We have IP335 phones on version 4.0.11.0583  and 3.2.7.0.198 where users would like to disable DND from their phones.

Is there any option to disable Do not disturb that’s visible under Menu -->Features?

We have tried following parameters with no luck:-

<dnd feature.doNotDisturb.enable="0" />
  <feature feature.doNotDisturb.enable="0" />
<voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl  voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.dnd="1" />
<voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.localProcessing voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.localProcessing.dnd="0" />

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Bala 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.