Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Several of our agents have reported that when they place a call on hold to dial another call, the phone refuses to dial and says "Service Unavailable."  It also sometimes happens when they are not on another call, but it is much more common (almost always) when they are.

In attempting to debug the issue, I've enabled logging of SIP debugging on our Asterisk server, but when it happens, the phone doesn't even contact the server. It appears to be making the decision locally to refuse the call without even attempting to place it on the server.

In the phone's log, with standard logging levels, it reports only a single line per occurrence of this issue:

0607185358|so |4|03|[SoMediaSessC]: MsgAppCallCreateCmnd, Rejecting call - UnidentifiedOrigin (-1)

Does anyone know what this means, and how we can get it fixed?  Or, any suggestions on which modules I should increase the logging on to catch an error message I can actually use?

I've enabled some extra debugging output on the phones themselves; however, I haven't been able to find the right module, and I don't think cranking it up on all of them would be good for the phone! If you can suggest a handful of modules that are most likely to cause this issue, that would be a good start.  Currently, I have SIP set to Debug level.  I've tried cranking up the "so" module, but it just reports stuff like icons and keypresses.  Probably not the root cause.

Hope someone can shed some light on this!  

This has happened with UCS 4.0.1B and 4.0.2B.  The phones are configured to connect to a single PBX (Asterisk 1.8 running FreePBX 2.10) on a LAN, and use both Line keys for one call each.  I can attach the configs tomorrow.

FWIW, I submitted a ticket with Polycom, they said I should talk to my reseller, but we just bought these online, and frankly, I've been down that road before with a different brand of SIP phone, and I'm not in a hurry to waste my time like that again.  I feel like I'm on my own now--or maybe ultimately onto a third brand--unless I can find some help here.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello cmdrwalrus,

the level of support or how to report any issues is clearly outlined in the FAQ:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

If you have purchased your units from an online reseller they are able to contact their distributor and should do so.

Alternatively our helpdesk can check via the MAC Address who the Distributor was that sold your reseller the Phones and you can attempt to get in touch with them.

The last resort could be to pay the PPI fee and get in touch with our support staff directly.

This is the way our support structure works, as we usually do not deal with end customers directly, due the complexity of the our products. Our qualified resellers / distributors are the tier 1 / first level support.

Please provide whoever you raise the issue with the logs and set app1 to 1, so to 1 and sip to 2.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.