Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Just wondering if there's a way to have both hoteling (most advanced Flexible seating feature) and ACD (to be able to sign in/out of the call centers) at the same time on a Polycom VVX phones.

I've tried the latest available UC software 5.5.0 (which has additional fields for Flexible Seating configurtion <flexibleSeating hoteling.reg="1" hotelingMode.type="3" />  ) but I can't get ASignIn softkey on the phone after Flexible Seating has been enabled:

If not - would it potentially be possible with 5.5.1 or any future software? This would be very needed for Call Center enviroments where multiple agents logon to the phone.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello VoIPonaught,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The features we implement for our partner Broadsoft are carefully designed and only work with their server or a certain software version.

I would suggest you either work directly with Broadsoft to find out if features work together and what software version you require or I can put you in touch with a Polycom SE.

Simply asking for a feature to be added to a new release is not how this works either.

We require a feature request and a business case. This all depends on what opportunity for Polycom and Broadsoft you can present and is discussed here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

So please send me your private details if you are unable to work with Broadsoft directly on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, thank you for quick response!

I'm checking with Broadsoft as well, but would like to hear from Polycom as well (as I can't find the answer in any of the documentation).

Did you mean R20 where this feature is introduced?

If you could put me in touch with Polycom SE, it would be great.

I'm just trying to clarify here what we should expect from the feature (as we can login/logout, get DND and CFWD sync... and not much else).

Partner confuration guide seems to describe it's either Call Center (ACD) or Flexible seating;

i.e. parameter  voIpProt.SIP.acd.signalingMethod should be 1 for ACD and 0 for Flexible seating.

HP Recommended

Hello ,

Please send em your details via Private Message

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.