Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

I just want to get some detailed information on firmware and bootroms because I am getting mixed results within different installs.

1. When I download the latest bootrom for a phone, I copy the .ld files and the root of the tftp server.  When I reboot a phone that has is the model of the firmware I get the phone to boot up and see that its installing the new bootrom. My question is am I doing this right?  I say this because I have a few phones that simply wont install the new boot rom.  They are all the same model & revision.  I try wiping them out with the 1 , 3 5 7 codes and it still wont update the bootrom.

2. I download UC software Polycom ® UC Software 3.3.2 for SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP and Polycom VVX [Combined] , I upload that to the tftp server root.  I reboot the phone and the software stays at v 3.3.1.0.933, I wipe out the phone with 1, 2 5 7 codes and let it go to the tftp server again, but I never get the software to update.

There are other phones we use that have the same tftp update and also provide us a way to run a desktop app allowing us to work around any tftp issues, but since Polycom doesnt have one that I am aware of then, I need to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

Thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello VoIPTek,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Using the words BootROM and TFTP you find => this <= post.

As you have not specified what models of Phones you are having trouble with I can only guess it is SoundStation IP 6000 and 7000's as I am only aware of these with a TFTP Issue loading the SIP/UCS Application running BootROM 4.3.0.

Each Software Release Notes contains the recommended BootROM Version for the SIP/UCS Release.

Currently the latest Version for newer models is UCS 3.3.2 and BootROM 4.3.1

The very latest UCS 4.0.0 is shortly being released and can be provided by your Polycom Reseller on request.

Please provide more details on your Phone Types so members of the community may be able to assist. In addition it is always worth using an provisioning method (FTP) that allows log files to be written back to the Server in order to look through them for errors that are most likely reported.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.