Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

With Polycom 5.5 on VVX 500 or VVX 600 phones, we get a tone every so often while on a phone call.

It sounds as if we were being recorded.

We use Asterisk as the SIP server. 

This only started when we went from 5.4 to 5.5.

Has anyone hase ran into this issue?

Any ideas on how to stop it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is fixed in 5.5.1 release.

Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello lters,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you kindly make it a habit to post complete software release numbers as this will tell us if this is a known issue or not.

Question:

• Does this phone have a BLF appearance and is someone calling the BLF ?

If yes to the above this was discussed multiple times in the community already and suggestion have been made in either disabling the tone or to downgrade.

Simply use the community search functionality to find these posts.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So, change this to a 1?

attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="0">

HP Recommended

Hello Iters,

1. You still have not provided details on the exact Software version before and after the upgrade

2. You have not yet confirmed if you are using BLF or not and if the tone only plays if a BLF is alerting

3. Community search finds this:
    http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/BLF-beep-on-VVX400-5-5-0/m-p/83224#M17419

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are running 5.5.0/3111-44600-001.sip.ld

Before the upgrade we were runing 5.4.x

And we are using BLF. But why would a call to a BLF give you a tone.

I am changing: call.callWaiting.enable to 0, but we want to use call waiting for our normal line appearances?

Here is a snip from the BLF:

<attendant attendant.reg="1" attendant.ringType="ringer1" attendant.uri="">
<attendant.behaviors>
<attendant.behaviors.display>
 <attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.automata="1" attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.normal="0">
 </attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID>
 <attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="0" attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="0">
 </attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances>
 </attendant.behaviors.display>
 </attendant.behaviors>
 <attendant.resourceList attendant.resourceList.1.address="10xx" attendant.resourceList.1.callAddress="10xx" attendant.resourceList.1.label="xxxxx" attendant.resourceList.1.proceedingIsRecipient="0" attendant.resourceList.1.type="normal"

HP Recommended

Hello Iters,

If you look at my previous reply with the link to a post where the current workaround is provided you can see that we are aware internally.

People have officially reported this for BroadWorks ( internal ticket VOIP-118731 ) but not yet on an Asterisk Server to my knowledge.

Asterisk uses a different method for BLF but most likely this is the same bug.

If you can open a support ticket via your Polycom reseller we are able to replicate this and track and fix this.

If you are unable to do so you have two options:

1. Downgrade to the previous working version

2. Stay on your current version and use the workaround and test any future versions that mention the above reference in the Release Notes.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

So, just to confirm this means the phone can get more than one call at a time with Call waiting disabled?

I don't have any way of opening a ticket even though we have hundreds of these phones 🙂

I would love to see this bug get fixed.

HP Recommended

Hello Iters,

I think I explained it all and you can check via the community search or the linked post above.

You need to raise a ticket with whoever you purchased the phones from.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

So removing the Beep for BLF will also remove call waiting on the lines?

Still trying to make sure I understand.

But also you are saying that this should get fix in a later firmware build...

Here is one of our mac addresses: 

0004f289c311

HP Recommended

Hello Iters,

Checking the MAC address I can see that back in April 2015 a Service ticket (1-782036281) was attempted to be opened by someone in your organisation using the same email that your account here is using.

We already replied with the below:

Support for VoIP Products, SoundStation IP and SoundPoint IP, is extended to Certified VoIP Partners only.

Please contact your service provider for assistance. If you are unsure of who your service provider is or if they are unable to assist, we show this unit originally being sold through one of Polycom's Certified Service Providers, Westcon Collaboration.

Please contact Westcon Collaboration at 1877-446-5373 for further support.

The same or similar explanation was already given as well back in June 2016 for 1-3153542911

The Community FAQ explains why we are not working with End Users:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Stating the above, the similar issue is targeted for the next UC Software Release 5.4.5, but not knowing if your issue is 100% identical only opening a support ticket will enable us to verify this.

The MAC of the phone provided is out of warranty so depending how you do this you may be charged a Pay Per Incident fee.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.