FW 4.1.0S and 4.1.1 on SPIP 550 shows no speed dials

Squigley
Valued Contributor

FW 4.1.0S and 4.1.1 on SPIP 550 shows no speed dials

I upgraded an SPIP 550 from FW 4.0.6 to 4.1.0S.

After rebooting, the speed dials were not shown on the screen. In order to get them to display, I had to press Directories, select Contact Directory, edit a contact, not change anything, then press Save. After that they all appeared correctly next tot he line keys.

They do not appear, and you have to force them each time the phone is rebooted.

I downgraded the phone back to 4.0.6, and they displayed correctly again. Reupgraded to 4.1.0, and they were gone.

I also tested against FW 4.1.1, and the behaviour is the same, they don't appear until you edit/save a contact.

The phone is served the following XML directory (I have changed the names):

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>

<directory>

<item_list>

<item>
<ln>Name</ln>
<fn>User 1</fn>
<ct>8020</ct>
<sd>1</sd>
<dc />
<ad>0</ad>
<ar>0</ar>
<bw>0</bw>
<bb>0</bb>
<rt></rt>
</item>

<item>
<ln>Name</ln>
<fn>User 2</fn>
<ct>115</ct>
<sd>2</sd>
<dc />
<ad>0</ad>
<ar>0</ar>
<bw>1</bw>
<bb>0</bb>
<rt></rt>
</item>

<item>
<ln>Name</ln>
<fn>User 3</fn>
<ct>104</ct>
<sd>3</sd>
<dc />
<ad>0</ad>
<ar>0</ar>
<bw>1</bw>
<bb>0</bb>
<rt></rt>
</item>

</item_list>

</directory>

I consider this to be a bug in the firmware.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: FW 4.1.0S and 4.1.1 on SPIP 550 shows no speed dials

Hello Squigley,

both UCS 4.1.0 and UCS 4.1.1 are LYNC only releases so if you are not using LYNC then I cannot recommend using this software.

If you are using LYNC and want contacts then you need to raise a support ticket.

Please ensure to post the SR number here so we can cross check this and update if needed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Squigley
Valued Contributor

Re: FW 4.1.0S and 4.1.1 on SPIP 550 shows no speed dials

Thanks Steffan.

I noticed that if I went in to 4.1.0B, it had the following note:

3) UC software 4.1.X Rev B is for use only with Microsoft@ Lync@ Server and using a single line registration.

But if I go to the link for 4.1.0 Rev S, or 4.1.1, they do not have the above note attached to them, so I assumed that the reason for Rev S and 4.1.1 being released was that they had brought standard SIP support into the 4.1.x stream, but this must not be the case.

Perhaps the notes should be attached to those versions of the firmware as well.

I will leave our phones on 4.0.6, as it doesn't present the issue I reported.

Message 3 of 3