Extension Masking

alexquala
Occasional Visitor

Extension Masking

We just switched over to a new hosted VOIP provider and i was wondering is there a way in the config file to change it so that when i dial out it shows a different extension other then mine. What i am trying to overcome is that now when i dial a user internally it displays my personal extension. I am on the IT support team and do not want them to call me back but go to our support queue. So instead i want it show our support queue extension and different name when i call internally.

Our voip provider already allows us to change our DID that we call out EXTERNALLY. The issue is just internally. Please let me know if this is possible and what needs to be done.

Also the firmware that i am on is 4.1.6.5374

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Extension Masking

Hello alexquala,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The routing should be handeled by the SIP server. The SIP provider could simply program your extension into a routing that cannot be called and an additional code is needed to be able to dial this.

It should not be the phones issue to display a "fake" number to the caller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2