Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a problem with early media on my Polycom SoundPoint IP phones.
I use SW 4.0.8. 1608

We have this call flow in our network:

A: is Polycom SounPoint IP 331/450/650

B: is device in another network

A ------> INVITE SDP ------> B

A <------ 100 Trying <------ B

A <------ 183 Session Progress SDP <------ B

A===> RTP ====> B

A <------ 180 Ringing  <------ B

There is no RTP from B side during early media. What I expect is that the Polycom device will be stuck to 183 session progress even there is no RTP and it this case will not play the ringing tone.

But Polycom probably recognized that there is no RTP from B side and after 180 Ringing start to play ringing tone.

Is this correct? Is there a possibility to change this behavior? And if there will be RTP from B side the Polycom device will ignore 180 Ringing?

thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jakub Zima

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jakub Zima,

As a Polycom employee I am unabe to provide support via this community.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Jakub,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

There are two undocumented Parameters you can try:

call.switchToLocalRingbackWithoutRTP="1"
call.playLocalRingbackBeforeEarlyMediaArrival="1"

Please be aware that UC Software 4.0.8 is no longer supported and you should be at minimum running 4.0.10 or the latest 4.0.11 instead before testing anything.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

thanks for the advice. 

Unfortunately, those parameters are ignored by Polycom phones.

Syslog messages:

<131>Jul 13 18:40:21 10.27.1.17 0004f2334554|0713184021|cfg  |4|03|Prm|VFsip-init.cfg: Unknown parameter "call.playLocalRingbackBeforeEarlyMediaArrival" found, ignoring.
hw3ETE@
<131>Jul 13 18:40:21 10.27.1.17 0004f2334554|0713184021|cfg  |4|03|Prm|VFsip-init.cfg: Unknown parameter "call.switchToLocalRingbackWithoutRTP" found, ignoring.

Part of my configuration:

<call call.dialtoneTimeOut="60" call.directedCallPickupMethod="" call.directedCallPickupString="" call.enableOnNotRegistered="0" call.lastCallReturnString="" call.localConferenceCallHold="0" call.offeringTimeOut="60" call.parkedCallRetrieveMethod="" call.parkedCallRetrieveString="" call.rejectBusyOnDnd="1" call.ringBackTimeOut="60" call.singleKeyPressConference="0" call.stickyAutoLineSeize="0" call.urlModeDialing="0" call.switchToLocalRingbackWithoutRTP="1" call.playLocalRingbackBeforeEarlyMediaArrival="0">

I even switch my phones to  4.0.11 but without any success. I still can't control early media.
am I doing it right?

thanks a lot.

Regards,

Jakub Zima

HP Recommended

Hello Jakub Zima,

apologize but these where only introduced back in UC Software 5.3.1so therefore only work for VVX phones and the Trio.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

so, if I'm not able to change early media settings, could you please describe me how the mechanism works for the example in my first post in this topic.

It is really important to understand early media process because if we will make some changes in our network it could have the influence to ringing tone for outbound calls

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Jakub Zima

HP Recommended

Hello Jakub Zima,

As a Polycom employee I am unabe to provide support via this community.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.