Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I see in the data sheet that the 500 is listed but it is end of life, the 501 appears to be the replacement and I would like to know before I purchase it if it is compatible with the vvx color expansion module. I considered getting the vvx 450 with the EM50 module but it appears the EM50 module only works with the obi edition so that is going to be a hard pass on the 450 for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @scristopher ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

• The VVX x50 will work in both Obi and UC Edition with an expansion module.
  • The same is applicable for the VVX 501 i.e. the colour module will work with the VVX 501.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @scristopher ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

• The VVX x50 will work in both Obi and UC Edition with an expansion module.
  • The same is applicable for the VVX 501 i.e. the colour module will work with the VVX 501.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Odd, I ordered a 501 and a vvx color expansion module and they arrived today. I hooked them up correctly using the aux ports and the expansion module turns on but nothing ever shows on the screen, it powers on, shows the polycom logo then goes to a black screen and just remains blank. At this moment I can't comment on the firmware version because I am away from the phone but I can check when I return. I did however upgrade the phone firmware to what appeared to be the latest firmware version using the polycom hosted server option in the software upgrade section of the phone.

HP Recommended

Also in the boot log I am seeing it attached, so this is odd.

000033.950|em |*|00|LC Log: Switched Communcation to PPP Mode
000034.050|em |*|00|EM1 - Type: LCD, and Firmware Version: 0.07
000034.050|em |*|00|EM1 - Assembly: 3111-46350-001 Rev A, and Serial No.: AR1820260270
000034.460|pwr |4|00|device=3, state=2, powerReq=0, emtype=0

000034.460|pwr |4|00|PWRADJREQ event called by device=3

000035.210|em |*|00|Discovery: EM1 is attached Successfully
000035.216|em |*|00|Discovery: Sent Operational mode packet to EM1

Maybe this line after is the issue?

000035.216|em |*|00|Discovery: Sent Operational mode packet to EM1
000037.221|cfg |5|00|Error: file does not contain a compatible image
000037.221|cfg |5|00| Compatibility for image 0 is 0x00491555 0x00000000
000037.221|cfg |5|00| Compatibility for image 1 is 0x00411555 0x00000000
000037.221|cfg |5|00| Compatibility for image 2 is 0x00411505 0x00000000
000037.221|cfg |5|00| Compatibility for image 3 is 0x00411555 0x00000000

HP Recommended

I figured it out. The screen was just black because it had no background set, then I needed to learn about using the linekey.reassignment.enabled efk. After that it was all good! This is easily my new favorite Polycom phone!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.