Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

In sip.cfg, we have the following:

<keys key.scrolling.timeout="1" key.IP_500.37.transfer.prim="Null" key.IP_500.26.transfer.prim="Null" />

Niether seem to work.

Further down, we have the following:

<softkey softkey.feature.transfer="" softkey.3.enable="" softkey.26.enable="".... >

This does not work either.  Running SIP 3.17.

We want to completely disable the TRANSFER function of the phone.  Ideally though we like to remap both the hard key and software of the transfer button to dial #7 for us.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for your attempt to help as you pointed out I failed to realize this isn't really an open forum for open help.  Its not constructive criticism to keep on pushing for commercial support and pointing out my lack of understanding.  If I do understand, I wouldn't be posting in the first place and nobody would be asking questions.  I notice you do that a lot in all your posts.  We get the point. I post all the time on Cisco, Avaya, to Digium forums and either I get help or I don't.  You don't have to mention there's commercial help available CONSTANTLY as we all know that's always an option.

My replies were given with short specific applicable portion.  I particularly do not like people that dump useless configurations and tons of output when posting for help.  I have figured it out enough to get it to do what I need to do with the macros but this thread went rather south to being unhelpful and I think I'm done posting on here again for help.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello tuanle55,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually I would advise you to contact your Polycom Reseller or contact Polycom Support in order to get this issue sorted but as our Documentation may not be 100% satisfactory to complete this I am explaining the basics:

Your sip_317.cfg should contain the Parameters feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="0"

This needs to be activated in order to change any keys on the Phone.

Please read => this <= Forum post.

In addition the softkey.x.enable Parameters expects a 0 or 1 as a Parameter.

Please ensure you read the Admin Guide and the Release Notes and check the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications for further examples.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello tuanle55,

looking at your post in more detail I additionally found:

<keys key.scrolling.timeout="1" />

Above is the only Parameter in the sip_317.cfg that comes with SIP 3.1.7 and any additional <keys/> Parameters need to look the following way:

key.x.y.function.prim

So it should look like key.IP_500.37.function.prim="null"

Please ensure that you follow and understand the Documentation or work with a Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="0"

This is what I was missing. Hard key transfer button 37 is now disabled

Hard key 26 function is disabled but still shows on the phone display during an active call.

My current config:

<keys key.scrolling.timeout="1" key.IP_500.37.function.prim="null" key.IP_500.26.function.prim="null" />

This should do for now.  Onto the next issue -- remapping these keys to dial #7 isntead

HP Recommended

Please read => this <=

You only have 4 Soft Keys on your Phone

The linked Post explains everything and if you still struggle work with your Polycom Reseller or Polycom Support as they can offer chargeable services if you are rolling out this functionality in a professional environment.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Let me know if I should open a new thread since I digress now from subject of topic:

I read your linked reference and don't quite understand and documentations not clear:

My Cfg is as follow:

<keys key.scrolling.timeout="1" key.IP_500.37.function.prim="SoftKey1" key.IP_500.26.function.prim="SoftKey1" />

<softkey softkey.1.label="PBXTX" softkey.1.action="!pbxtx"...>

My Hard Button (TRANSFER) is now sending a HOLD.  I have a new softkey now label PBXTX appearing.  Where's the disconnect I am  missing to remap these hard buttons to use my macro.  I don't see an option in documentation to link them to a macro but only to other built-in function or SoftKey.

According to SIP 3.1 documentation, is this true and includes the transfer key?

"The phone keys without removable key caps cannot be remapped. These include:"

The phone keys that have removable key caps can be mapped to the following: ..

Any function that is implemented as a removable key cap on any of the phones (Directories, Applications, Conference, Transfer, Redial, Menu, Messages, Do Not Disturb, Call Lists), Speed dial, null

How about the keys that can be remapped? Can I map it a macro or maybe map to speeddial to get dtmf key #7 sent to our server during a call?  Worse case if I cannot remap these keys, how do I remove display for key#26 off the screen.  It is disabled but still showing.

HP Recommended

tuanle55,

as explained. You only have 4 Softkeys. There is no Softkey 26

Also please read the complete statement what keys can be remapped:

The phone keys that have removable key caps can be mapped to thefollowing:

— Any function that is implemented as a removable key cap on any ofthe phones (Directories, Applications, Conference, Transfer, Redial,Menu, Messages, Do Not Disturb, Call Lists)

— A speed-dial

— Null

The Function of the Key is = SoftKey3

Therefore my link to the Post with the Example: 

<softkey.1.use softkey.1.use.active="1" softkey.1.use.hold="1" />    <softkey.2.use softkey.2.use.idle="1" />

You want to change Softkey 3 so use above and the link provided as an example and keep in mind in what status (idle/hold etc) you want to use the new/changed key..

You need to setup a efk list as well to introduce the code you want to be dialed instead.

As mentioned before if you are unable to do so yourself please contact your Reseller and/or Polycom as they can provide professional Solutions and are trained to utilize the different solutions that can be implemented.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I understand about SoftKey26 from your earlier message.  My previous post showed I remapped to SoftKey1 and tried overriding it with my custom macro (not shown).  So now going with your suggestion I have reverted back to SoftKey3 and added the codes:

<keys key.scrolling.timeout="1" key.IP_500.37.function.prim="SoftKey3" key.IP_500.26.function.prim="SoftKey3" />

<softkey softkey.3.use softkey.3.use.active="1" softkey.3.action="^$Tdtmf$#7$" ...>

However, pressing KEY#26 or KEY#37, it still uses the phone TRANSFER function instead of executing my correct or flawed action string. 

We will look into getting commercial support but please explain where my disconnect is in understanding this.  So its clear that button #26 cannot be remmaped, but how do I hide it off the screen after disabling it.  I am very happy that the keys can be disabled but would be thrilled if possible to do more then that for both keys.  If this is not possible, getting commercial support is not going to help us anymore either.

HP Recommended

Hello tuanle55,

you clearly don't understand the Softkey Functionality or you would not use "EFK" Commands in the Softkey Action.

Please read and understand => this <= example or contact a Reseller/Polycom Support that will create the configuration for you.

The above post explains exactly that functionality with a complete example.

key.IP_500.26.function.prim="SoftKey3" is the standard functionality of this key so there is no point in mapping it again.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

HP Recommended

I understand I was being redundant mapping SoftKey3 but that's where my disconnect is and I just wanted to be clear in my question if the reference in the SoftKey3 in the KEYS tag is related to the Softkey tag which you're indicating it is so thank you for the clarification but it is not what I am seeing.  So is it b/c I have error in my EFK/macro setup and the softkey function is falling back to its default?

I did try using the EFK copying it exactly in the link you provide and ok I did not know you cannot use an expanded macro string directly in the softkey.  Here is what I have:

<efklist efk.efklist.1.mname="pbxtx"/>

<efk.efklist.1.action efk.efklist.2.action.string="#7$Tdtmf$" />

<softkey softkey.3.use softkey.3.use.active="1" softkey.3.action="!pbxtx" softkey.3.enable="1" >

Pressing the KEY#26/#37, it goes right to the TRANSFER function instead of my macro/EFK setup.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.