Disabling Missed calls on IP 330

Sebastian Nielsen
Occasional Visitor

Disabling Missed calls on IP 330

Hello.

I have 6 Soundpoint IP 330 connected to a Asterisk server. They are configured to all ring when it comes a external call.

When I pickup one phone, all other phones show a missed call, even tough the call was completed at one phone.

BootBlock: 2.7.0

BootROM: 4.3.1.0440

UC: 3.3.5.0247

What I then have to do, is to push the middle softbutton, and then menu button 2 times, to clear the missed call notification (which hides the date and clock).

When searching through the knowledgebase, the knowledgebase say I should set feature.8.enabled = false, but theres nothing such in the sip.cfg.

Instead, i find in features.cfg:

" <feature.callListMissed feature.callListMissed.enabled="1">
    </feature.callListMissed>"

I guess the knowledgebase article is written for a another UC version? (Pre 3.3.0?)

Or is features.cfg for a another Soundpoint IP model?

What shound I really do?

Also the "Reason:" header is apparently not supported on UC < 4.0.0, and the IP 330 is not supporting a UC > 3.3.5, which would cause "missed calls" to only show when there really was a missed call.

Another question:

What exactly are the difference between Soundpoint IP 330 and Soundpoint IP 331, that makes 330 incompatible with UC 4.0.0?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Disabling Missed calls on IP 330

Hello Sebastian,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Since UCS 3.3.0 there is no longer a sip.cfg / phone1.cfg file

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the sip.cfg and phone1.cfg files?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the difference between SIP and UCS / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The SPIP330 physically cannot run UCS 4.x.x software due CPU and memory constraints.

You should simply create a configuration file including the parameter to disable the missed calls and loading this from the provisioning server will result in the phone no longer displaying any missed calls.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2