Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a VVX 500 which is opening a lot of ftp connections to the provisioning server trying to upload app and boot log. This is causing quality issues. With a normal video call it opens around 50 connections.

File Tx tries and Retry Wait are set to default.

If I set them to 1, 0 respectively the number of connections reduce, but it is still a problem.

Is there a way to disable the upload of these files?

Test phone: VVX 500

Firmware: 4.1.3

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello ciuc,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

We do not recommend to disable the logging functionality.

Are you sure you have not changed any of the logging levels as I would not expect the phone to upload any logs during a normal call?

You can use the web interface and simply reset the logging levels to the factory standard. In addition I recommend upgrading to UCS 4.1.5 or even UCS 5.0.1.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply

I understand recommendation regarding disabling of logging, note taken.

I come back with some more findings:

Log specific settings are:

<log>
    <log.level>
      <log.level.change
        log.level.change.so="4"
        log.level.change.app1="4"
        log.level.change.sip="4"
        log.level.change.ssps="4"
        log.level.change.pps="4"
        log.level.change.net="4"
        log.level.change.cfg="4"
        log.level.change.cdp="4"
        log.level.change.lldp="4"
        log.level.change.pmt="4"
        log.level.change.ares="4"
        log.level.change.dns="4"
        log.level.change.httpd="4"
        log.level.change.rdisk="4"
        log.level.change.copy="4"
        log.level.change.slog="4"
        log.level.change.res="4"
        log.level.change.key="4"
        log.level.change.log="4"
        log.level.change.curl="4"
        log.level.change.rtos="4"
        log.level.change.mb="4"
        log.level.change.ib="4"
        log.level.change.ttrs="4"
        log.level.change.usb="4"
        log.level.change.srtp="4"
        log.level.change.clink="4"
        log.level.change.pnetm="4"
        log.level.change.peer="4"
        log.level.change.efk="4"
        log.level.change.ldap="4"
        log.level.change.cmr="4"
        log.level.change.cmp="4"
        log.level.change.usbio="4"
        log.level.change.pres="4"
        log.level.change.pwrsv="4"
        log.level.change.poll="4"
        log.level.change.push="4"
        log.level.change.wmgr="4"
      />
    </log.level>
    <log.render
      log.render.level="1"
      log.render.type="2"
      log.render.realtime="1"
      log.render.stdout="1"
      log.render.file="1"
      log.render.file.size="16"
      log.render.file.upload.period="172800"
      log.render.file.upload.append="1"
      log.render.file.upload.append.sizeLimit="512"
      log.render.file.upload.append.limitMode="delete"
    />
  </log>

During a video call in logs I see a lot of:

1108113038|ssps |5|5654354|DSP Log: DSPASSERT( Dsp/util/utilDbufUser.c, 961 )
1108113038|ssps |5|5654354|DSP Log: DSPASSERT( Dsp/util/utilDbufUser.c, 1580 )

which I don't know what means.

Tested on a VVX 600 with 4.1.5

I will play around with log settings and come up with results.

C
HP Recommended

Hello ciuc,

the logs are at their normal levels but the message you receive should not appear.

Have you got more details on the call platform or call scenario?

i believe the best way forward is to raise a support ticket via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Just a quick update:

I don't have much more info on it, but setting provisioning type to TFTP basically fixed the issue. I''ll come back with more findings if I have.

HP Recommended

Hello ciuc,

If you point the phone to a non available provisioning server protocol the phone will be unable to upload the log file.

This does not fix your issue or the error message and as explained please log this as outlined above.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We would like to use a provisioning server, but still disable logging uploads (if possible in an ellegant way)

To get over this issue we tried setting the following (though not something very ellegant):

LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="http:// some.host : some_port /"

CALL_LISTS_DIRECTORY="http:// some.host some_port /"

Seems though that there are some checks and the phone does a fallback to the provisioning server as an upload server in case the host name cannot be resolved. With a correct host but a bad port, seems that there is no fallback at the moment.

I would like to know if there is any other way to disable uploads from Polycom phones.

We would like to disable this "feature" as we have customers with 5000+ Polycom phones and this is something unexpected.

Thanks,

Ciprian

HP Recommended

Hello Ciprian,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already outlined to the original poster this is currently not a supported feature.

You can either use the workaround as already suggested or will need to work with your Polycom reseller to get in contact with a Polycom sales engineer. This will enable you to propose a business case in order to make a change to the current software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.