Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I got my first Trio 8800 and I´m currently check out how to configure the device. With the default configuration file I for example was able to remove the "SfB logout button". But now I wish to disable lldp (e.g. device.net.lldpEnabled = 0) but I´m unable to find the correct section in my .cfg file. Can you please help?

Thats my current version (used for USB provisioning):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!--RealPresence Trio Configuration File for Skype for Business deployments (Base Profile: Lync)-->
<!--For information on configuring RealPresence Trio please refer to the RealPresence Trio Deployment Guide for Skype for Business available from:-->
<!--http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/realpresence_trio/realpresence_trio.html-->
<PHONE_CONFIG>

<Trio8800Settings>

<feature.lync.hideSignOut feature.lync.hideSignOut="1">
      <!--0 (default) - The sign-out soft key displays on the Home screen and phone menus.-->
      <!--1 - The sign-out soft key is removed from the Home screen and phone menus.-->
    </feature.lync.hideSignOut>

</Trio8800Settings>

<VisualPlusSettings>

<attribute_3 mr.deviceMgmt.useHubsProvServer="0">
      <!--0 (default) - The secondary device e.g. Visual+ connected with the primary device e.g. Trio 8800 will get its provisioning information from the primary device.-->
      <!--1 - The secondary device e.g. Visual+ connected with the primary device e.g. Trio 8800 will not use the primary device as its source for provisioning information.-->
    </attribute_3>

</VisualPlusSettings>

<VideoAndContent>

<feature.usb.device.content feature.usb.device.content="0">
      <!--1 (default) - Content sharing using the People+Content IP application on a computer connected by USB to RealPresence Trio is enabled.-->
      <!--0 - Content sharing using the People+Content IP application on a computer connected by USB to RealPresence Trio is disabled.-->
    </feature.usb.device.content>
    <content.autoAccept.rdp content.autoAccept.rdp="1">
      <!--1 (default) - Content shown by far-end users is automatically accepted and displayed on the RealPresence Trio solution.-->
      <!--0 - Near-end users are prompted to accept meeting content sent to RealPresence Trio solution from a far-end user.-->
    </content.autoAccept.rdp>
    <mr.pair.tls.enabled mr.pair.tls.enabled="1">
      <!--1 (default) - use TLS for communications between the RealPresence Trio 8800 and RealPresence Trio Visual+ systems.-->
      <!--0 - do not use TLS for communications.-->
    </mr.pair.tls.enabled>

</VideoAndContent>

</PHONE_CONFIG>
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Bastian,

this was stuck in our Spam filter

Jul 25, 2013 QuestionHow can I setup certain Device parameters on my phone via a configuration file?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

There is actually no need for a specific section for any parameters set in provisioning.  The layout for the .xml file structure is a matter of convenience or what works for you.  Incidentally I set this exact parameter earlier this week.  I found that the example configuration located here was invaluable when setting up provisioning.

For your needs set the following three parameters:

<device.set device.set="1">

0 (default) - Disables device parameter settings. If set to 0, do not use any device.xxx fields to set any parameters. Set this to 0 after the initial software installation. If set to 1, use the device.xxx fields that have device.xxx.set=1. Set this to 1 only for the initial software installation.

<device.net.lldpEnabled.set device.net.lldpEnabled.set="1">

0 (default) - Disables the ability to set device parameter device.net.lldpEnabled. 1 - Enables the ability to set device.net.lldpEnabled parameter.

<device.net.lldpEnabled device.net.lldpEnabled="0">

1 (default) If set to 1, the phone attempts to determine its VLAN ID and negotiate power through LLDP.

Good Luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.