Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Would anyone be able to tell me how to disable the Mute button on the Soundpoint phones? This is something one of my customers has requested and I believe I'm about half way

This is what I've devised from the help files I could find, but I think its the 1-34 part I need to correct for this to work in my config file.

<keys key.IP_330.1-34.MicMute.prim="Null" />

Many Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello OverVoip,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of an Hardware Button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, Thank you very much for this. This is similar to the information I have found in the manual. However my issue is I can not find what y should equal and weather I am setting the function correct like in my example I have it as MicMute.

HP Recommended

Hello OverVoip,

the linked FAQ post shows in Option 2 quite clear how to disable a key.

The example uses a SPIP650 and disables the DND Key (9 on the table shown for the phone).

It also list's the exact pages for every Admin Guide so you can identify the key that you want to disable for your phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen, I've managed to get this working!

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hello guys,

I have the same question, but in my case I need to disable the buttons VolUp and VolDown from Polycom 331, however o software used is 3.2.x

I can't update software for a newer, cause the software 4.x is not compatible with my provisioning system.

I have already tried severals ways solve this question, but always without success.

HP Recommended

Hello hbrambila,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

How about you tell us what phone model you have so we can advise you the next step?

If UC Software 4.x.x or later is not an option how about 3.3.x instead?

Using these old version's you must modify the sip.cfg and/or the phone1.cfg or their equivalent. Its all explained in the FAQ's.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen, 

How I said in my post, I have Polycom IP 331 with software 3.2.x.

I have already used the sistaxe <key key.SPIP331.23.function.prim="Null" key.SPIP331.24.function.prim="Null" /> on sip.cfg  and phone1.cfg but not success.

Unfortunately I can't do software update, cause my  custumer have a ambient from high scale of production.

There are other ways to do this?

HP Recommended

Hello hbrambila,

I overlooked this. The CFG parameter is different in older releases.

I suggest you consult the <key/> section in an earlier admin guide. Example page A - 94 in the Admin Guide 3.2.2

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen,

It's exactly when I'm consulting!

However the text say "In the following table, x=IP_ IP_330, IP 430...." and don't show IP 331 as in the image sended to you.

Because of that I was in doubt about if the syntaxe works or not on Polycom 331 .

If this syntaxe isn't compatible whith version 3.2.x, ok. I give up!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.