Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have setup about 10 new 8800 Trio out of the box version 5.7.1.4179.

5 of those 10 gathered their xxxxxxxxxxxx-directory.xml without any issues from the ftp server but the other half fails with following message. They are all based in the same location within the same network. What could cause this issue?

01-23 03:20:18.630 E/PLCM ( 426): 000030.261|clist|4|00|dbSet::srv2mem:'64167fb8e192-directory.xml' File transfer failed, trying to get local file
01-23 03:20:18.630 E/PLCM ( 426): 000030.262|dns |4|00|doDnsLookupForList: DNS not yet initialized, skipping lookup.
01-23 03:20:18.630 E/PLCM ( 426): 000030.262|copy |4|00|DNS lookup failed for 10.91.232.12

I have also attached the whole log to this post.

Thanks

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Wenharts 

a bug in the community prevents at present to delete attachments. Once this is fixed I will delete. No private data should be exposed in the logs.

Steffen

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Wenharts 

welcome to the Poly community.

The log seems very clear that it cannot connect.

• How is the phone provisioned aka is this a manual setting to the server or a DHCP option?
  • Do the FTP server logs show any activity?
  • Does this only affect directory or also other files?

I suggest you change the logging to:

• Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > Trio or CCX 10240
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Copy Utilities > Event 3

Then reboot and check once booted up via:

• Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > UCS Application > Export

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thanks for your answer.

All new phones are using DHCP but the provisioning server is added manually of course.

I checked the FTP server logs but freeFTPd does not really provide a log on connection base.

The directory.xml is the only file I push to these phones.
One thing i noticed though. The new 8800 which managed to gather the directory file without issues are running 5.4.5.9658 instead of 5.7.1.4179 and it says Realpresence Trio 8800 instead of Trio 8800.

I will perform your suggested steps and provide feedback.

Thanks
Stefan

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

so i applied your suggested logging settings but it does not seem to provide more clarity in why this file transfair fails. Maybe you can see something?

Best Regards

Stefan

HP Recommended

Hello @Wenharts ,

Use FileZilla as shown => here <=

The name was changed in later releases as we dropped the RealPresence bit as this was a bit of a mouthful.

I suggest you check this post:

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

i managed to fix it.

Very mysterious typo with the provisionig server on my end....

Would it be possible to delete my Logs in this post?

Best Regards

Stefan

HP Recommended

Hi @Wenharts 

a bug in the community prevents at present to delete attachments. Once this is fixed I will delete. No private data should be exposed in the logs.

Steffen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.