Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have Polycom 321 phones deployed in the UK and have an issue where if a line is siezed before dialling (i.e. user picks up handset and then dials number) the call is attempted after 3 digits.

What parameter is required in the config file to change this to a time out of say 5 seconds?

Also, I have been unable to locate the parameter to limit numbers of calls per line on the same handset.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello icsnettech,

Welcome to the Polycom Support Community.

The Admin Guide and Software for your Phone can be found => here <=

Quote from the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide:

Page A - 38

dialplan.digitmap.timeOut

string of positive integers separated by "|"

Timeout in seconds for each segment of digit map.Note: If there are more digit maps than timeout values, the default value of 3 will be used.If there are more timeout values than digit maps, the extra timeout values are ignored.

The Amount of 3| Entries depends on the amount of | seperated sequences in the dialplan.digitmap

Both values can be changed via the Web Interface or a Configuration File loaded from a provisioning server.

The UCS Admin Guide explains the digitmap setup and the Phones come with a US Dialplan from Factory.

Example:

[9]99|*xx|[0]xxxxxxxxxx|[4]xxx|

[9]99 = 999 is a valid rule

*xx = Two digits preceded by an asterisk is valid (used for feature codes)

[0]xxxxxxxxxx = UK National numbers i.e. 11 digits first digit being a 0.

[4]xxx = Your internal extention range i.e. 4 digit number starting with a 4.

(example from another community Forum)

Please work with your Polycom Reseller if you need further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You need to modify the dialpal.digitmap parameter. Look in the site.cfg template file.

To limit the calls per line, check out call.calls.perLineKey .

HP Recommended

What does the 3|3|3|3|3|3 digit timeout mean?

Is it 3 seconds timout and if so why repeated 6 times?

HP Recommended

Also, my actual digit map is set as [2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

Basically, I want to be able to dial a 4 digit extension number or an 11 digit local / national number or in fact an international number in full and then after a timeout of 3 seconds for the phone to send the call.

HP Recommended

Hello icsnettech,

Welcome to the Polycom Support Community.

The Admin Guide and Software for your Phone can be found => here <=

Quote from the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide:

Page A - 38

dialplan.digitmap.timeOut

string of positive integers separated by "|"

Timeout in seconds for each segment of digit map.Note: If there are more digit maps than timeout values, the default value of 3 will be used.If there are more timeout values than digit maps, the extra timeout values are ignored.

The Amount of 3| Entries depends on the amount of | seperated sequences in the dialplan.digitmap

Both values can be changed via the Web Interface or a Configuration File loaded from a provisioning server.

The UCS Admin Guide explains the digitmap setup and the Phones come with a US Dialplan from Factory.

Example:

[9]99|*xx|[0]xxxxxxxxxx|[4]xxx|

[9]99 = 999 is a valid rule

*xx = Two digits preceded by an asterisk is valid (used for feature codes)

[0]xxxxxxxxxx = UK National numbers i.e. 11 digits first digit being a 0.

[4]xxx = Your internal extention range i.e. 4 digit number starting with a 4.

(example from another community Forum)

Please work with your Polycom Reseller if you need further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.