Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Im managing a fleet of VVX301's and with firmware 6.4, I cannot log into the web interface after a factory reset. Is there ANY way around this? Or do I have to send someone onsite just to reset the password via the phones before I can manage them.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Chris H ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the FAQs listed in my signature for your convenience.

Stating the above how are the phones set up? Are you using a provisioning server? If yes simply change the configuration to include the password of choice and power cycle the phones.

There is of course configuration which can periodically check the server:

Nov 24, 2014 Question: How can the Phone automatically periodically schedule check/poll/reboot for configuration changes or new software versions?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The phone also can check the server when receiving a Check-Sync Notify message and check again the CFG on a server.

If they are manually set up only someone on site can make the change.

We do mention this here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the default standard Username and Password for a Poly Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Also, the Release notes mention this since 6.3.0 or 5.9.7 as

• California SB-327 Password Requirement Compliance

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello. I did read through the FAQ. I believe the only portion of the FAQ that I missed was submitting the 1.2280 in my FW Version. The rest of the required information is not applicable.

- The issue is outside of every PBX I am using, its specific to the phones themselves

- The issue is related to all Polycom VVX 301's running FW 6.4.1.2280 that have been factory reset.

- I am unable to retrieve a log as I can not access the phone due to it being factory reset and am receiving the error "Default admin password is in use. Change the password" on the web admin page

Ive reviewed the solutions you have provided and they are not applicable to my case. To recreate the issue, simply factory reset a VVX 301 with Firmware 6.4.1.2280 and attempt to log into the web admin portal upon reset. Ive done with with 3 phones now and it has rendered them inoperable until someone physically touches the phone and assigns a different admin password via the phone itself. The web interface is 100% locked until that happens.

As I mentioned before, this is extremely tedious as I have theses phones that all need to be factory reset and updated to join a new PBX. These phones are spread across an area that would take roughly 5 hours to drive round trip to have someone physically touch each phone.

Being able to access the web interface directly after a factory reset is required. Before a provisioning server or new admin password is set.

HP Recommended

Hello @Chris H ,

We still do not know how these phones are provisioned.

Using the well known and documented DHCP options the phones can automatically access a local or remote provisioning server without any user interaction.

This could be our free platform Lens as an example. From there they could be set up with a new password.

If this is not possible a local server could be used.

If this is not possible someone physically needs to activate the new password.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

As I mentioned before, they are not provisioned. There is no DHCP options. They are FACTORY DEFAULT. Zero Configuration.

HP Recommended

Hello @Chris H 

so someone on-site needs to action this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I realize this. Thats the reason I created the topic. Im trying to get around that. FW version 5.9.x did not require onsite intervention however 6.4.x does. Is there no way around this?

HP Recommended

Hello @Chris H 

I am unsure how else to reply, no is the answer...

No DHCP option to a server, no way to modify the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.