Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

we have installed a Geotrust certificate at Custmon certificate level in our polycoms.

when  our server sends the certificate included at  "Certificate, Server Key Exchange, Server Hello done" TLS packet, the polycom responds with "Decrypt error".

The CA signed the certificate with sha256WithRSAEncryption algorithm, do you Know if this algorithm is supported by the conference phone?

POlycom model: IP sound Station 7000
BootROM version: 4.3.1.0440
SIP version: 3.3.4.0085

Many thanks and Best Regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Javi,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 3.3.4 is quite old so I would suggest to upgrade to UCS 4.0.7 and then test again.

For troubleshooting I can only suggest the CURL and TLS logging level.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Javi,

I have tried using Geotrust certificates with Polycom devices several times, and had no success. We use a Geotrust wildcard certificate for our domain, but as it won't work with Polycom devices, we have a secondary certificate issued by Entrust that we use on our provisioning server.

HP Recommended

Hello Squigley,

The answer in regards to Wildcard certificates is pretty simple. We do currently not support this.

You would require a Feature Request to request the support for this.

A workaround is:

device.set="1"
device.sec.TLS.prov.strictCertCommonNameValidation.set="1"
device.sec.TLS.prov.strictCertCommonNameValidation="0"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.