Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are trying to get the DHCP Raw option to work, but no luck so far.

For Konftel it works, and it looks like this:

elsif substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 7)= "konftel"
{option vendor-encapsulated-options 68:74:74:70:3a:2f:2f:31:39:32:2e:31:36:38:2e:30:2e:31:2f:64:6f:6d:39:39:39:2f:6b:6f:6e:66:74:65:6c:2f;}

This will redirect the phone to the configuration server (provisioning server) a Linux host, and give it the right configuration.

But we can´t get it to work with Polycom soundstation 6000.

How should this string look like: elsif substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 7)= "konftel"

We have tried with this: elsif substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 15)= "Polycom-SSID6000", doesn´t work.

We have it working for a lot of other devices, like different IP phones and also as you see Konftel´s.

Any clues?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever follow => this <= and => this <= up with your Polycom reseller as advised?

In regards of a Vendor Class it would expect Polycom-SSIP6000

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We followed it and got it to work.

But regarding to the question on RAW option.

We receives the right information, but it seems that the Polycom does not recognize ther answer it gets back.

How should the answer look like from the DHCP server, it is not clear in the documentation.

Should we print in the raw option also the file it should read or does the phone find the file if we sends back a server and directory to look in?

Regards

Thomas

HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains what DHCP String in option 160/161 or 66 our phones expect.

You did not provide us with details what you have setup and believe is correct so it is hard to comment.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.