Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

Have  Vlan 2 set up for my VoIP phones (IP331) along with a Vlan for data.  Phones will not pull a DHCP address from the W2008 DC unless I enable Vlan filtering.   Not a big deal, I can make it work by enabling the feature, however:  What (if any) effects may this have on my network?  The reason I ask is that on another network of mine that uses the same type VoIP system, equipment etc. (a separate physical site), the Vlan filtering is disabled and DHCP works fine.  Not sure what I'm missing...  An ATA that plugs in to this network pulls DHCP, it's just the phones that won't.  Any help that you can throw my way is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello dw76,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 10, 2013 Question: How can I use VLAN's with Polycom phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I read through the linked FAQ, I don't see any information regarding VLAN Filtering.

HP Recommended

Hello dw76,

The above FAQ post should help you troubleshooting the issue via the Phones logs.

In regards what the actual parameter does:

• If 1, VLAN filtering is enabled and received Ethernet packets are filtered so the TCP/IP stack doesn’t process invalid data or too much data.
  • If 0, VLAN filtering is disabled.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.