Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Finally have a D60 on my desk, but I am having issues with it.

Ultimately I am not able to make or receive calls using the D60.

Info:

Host Phone: VVX410 REV A running 5.5.0.20556

I am able to pair the basestation and apparently register a handset, but I am not able to actually use the handset. It shows a RED X through the phone icon on the D60 handset itself.

The handset is already mapped to to Line 1 (i only have one account registered on the vvx410).

I have rebooted, factory reset without any changes.

Are there any additional steps I am missing here?

EDIT: I assume this has something to do with it, but I am unsure what it means?

0606095249|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Parameter VVXD60.Handset.x.line.x requested type 2 but is of type 0
0606095249|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Parameter VVXD60.Handset.x.line.x requested type 2 but is of type 0
0606095249|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Parameter VVXD60.Handset.x.outGoingLineIndex requested type 2 but is of type 0
0606095258|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Parameter VVXD60.Handset.x.outGoingLineIndex requested type 2 but is of type 0

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with a VVX 600 running the same firmware.

HP Recommended

Hello Guys,

Could you kindly raise this with our support team as I do not currently have production hardware to test this myself.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Just FYI, I cannot get the web service request portal to work. It doesnt seem to recognize the serial number or MAC address of my D60.

I will try calling in.

Nevermind, I am not a partner and they wont let me open a case over the phone. I guess i will wait for the portal to work...

HP Recommended

Hello Tyler,

If you are a End User a Web Ticket will also be pushed back to be opened via the Reseller who sold the unit.

What is the MAC of the D60 and the VVX it connects to?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

D60 - 64167f040522

VVX410 - 0004f2d365df

HP Recommended

Hello Tyler,

COMMLOGIK (CALA) sold the VVX back in 13/07/2015 so they need to be contacted to raise the ticket for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Did this, or any of the tickets like this get resolved?

I ask as I am also getting this red X on the D60 handset after it shows the line is mapped and registered.

I've tried a few iterations of 5.2, then the highest rev of 5.3 and 5.4 as well as the latest 5.5 to see if there was any difference. Unfortunately there is not. Still the redX

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Tyler,

COMMLOGIK (CALA) sold the VVX back in 13/07/2015 so they need to be contacted to raise the ticket for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have found that the setup works best when you have the lines shared on the phone and use the second line for the D60 phone.

i.e.

<reg
reg.1.type="shared"
reg.1.terminationType="VVX"
reg.1.address="1234567"
reg.1.auth.userId="1234567"
reg.1.label="Main"
reg.1.displayName="VVX600"
reg.1.lineKeys="1"
reg.2.type="shared"
reg.2.terminationType="DECT"
reg.2.address="1234567a"
reg.2.auth.userId="1234567"
reg.2.label="MainJr"
reg.2.displayName="VVXD60"
reg.2.lineKeys="1"
</reg>

<VVXD60.Handset
VVXD60.Handset.1.outGoingLineIndex="2"
VVXD60.Handset.1.line.1="2"
VVXD60.Handset.1.line.2="0">
</VVXD60.Handset>

HP Recommended
<removed quote by the moderator as replied post is just above>

Well, at this point that's about all I get is the red X on the phone on the d60.

I created a new line void of any busy lamp appearances or shared lines.....or any frills at all. Its a sigle user line on the Polycom VVX600 5.5.sip.ld

Factory reset the d60...Plugged the handset in manually, enabled it in the gui. Registered the handset and the little red X taunts me.

It shows registered, shows me its mapped...in the gui it looks ok.

I figured I'd try setting it up manually, via gui, rather than mucking about in the config files and possibly missing something that would be obvious in the gui. Once I get the handset to actually make calls I'll recreate the config file with the parameters that make it work and be able to deploy these.

Are there any other suggestions that I could try?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.