Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This would be a very odd question and Polycom support basically gave up and told me to return the D230 base.  The D230 base was pre-programmed by Centurylink and we are in the midst of changing from Centurylink hosted voip to Zoom voip service.  We took two different D230 pre-programmed with Centurylink firmware upgrade URLs and attempted to provision them for Zoom.  Unbeknownst to me was the Centurylink firmware URL, therefore, I plugged it into a POE port, without the base provisioned in Centurylink.  Once that happened, the D230 base's DECT region changed over to "EU DECT (CMBS_DECT_TYPE_EU)".  I have had no way to revering it, even by doing hard resets from the pin hole in the back, or downgrading the firmware then re-upgrading the firmware using Zoom's firmware URL.  Before this all happened, I knew for sure the base was in the US DECT region and I was able to pair handsets against this base. 

Polycom support does not have a solution for me but saying that the base is from Europe even though it's packaged in a "NA" (north america) box, which doesn't make sense to me whatsoever.  Because the base was in the US DECT region until it somehow flipped.  My attempt to use different firmwares yesterday even ended up with the TAIWAN DECT at one point using v7.0.2 firmware.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally got a closure to this issue.  Polycom development was able to come up with a fix-up firmware for me to upgrade to, which took about 3 weeks to make and test.  After I "upgrade" to that firmware, the D230 base reverted back to the US DECT region, then I was able to upgrade the firmware once more with the provider specific firmware.  Lastly, I was able to pair the US DECT handsets to the base.  

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello @ronnieshih ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

If Poly support cannot help then a public community forum with a few Poly employees will not be able to get you any further.

If you share the ticket number I can look into the history of this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Poly case#  34161183

I still have the two D230 units with me that changed the DECT region to EU and I see no way of modifying that.

BTW, this KB article I found basically does nothing whatsoever telling customers that you cannot pair handsets and base from different regions:

https://support.poly.com/support/s/article/knova-39400-what-do-i-do-if-the-vvx-d230-dect-ip-phone-fa...

HP Recommended

Hello @ronnieshih 

let me look into this but basically, not just from an inconvenience point of view, there are legal reasons why devices should not switch the region. So the article telling people that you cannot is just for this.

Often these articles are created based on a specific scenario so this may be out of context.

Please leave it with me for now and I may take ownership of the ticket once I check with the developers.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @ronnieshih 

can you check and share the below:

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Here you go

HP Recommended

Here is the second unit that flipped itself to EU DECT

HP Recommended

Hello @ronnieshih 

I get someone in North America to keep working the ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I finally got a closure to this issue.  Polycom development was able to come up with a fix-up firmware for me to upgrade to, which took about 3 weeks to make and test.  After I "upgrade" to that firmware, the D230 base reverted back to the US DECT region, then I was able to upgrade the firmware once more with the provider specific firmware.  Lastly, I was able to pair the US DECT handsets to the base.  

HP Recommended

I have this same issue. I believe it has some connection to the latest firmware 7.1.2, and the option where it deletes the eeprom.

After I did that, my VVXD230 that I bought in North America now claims the EU DECT version, and just like yours the handsets won't register.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.