Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We use an internal ftp server to update the UC software on our 8300/8500/8800/C60 Trios and I'm trying to figure out (via a cfg file) a means to for our internal server to be the default. 

Utilities -> Software Upgrade keeps reverting back to Poly Hosted Server upon rebooting. 

Any advice on how to accomplish this? 

If so is it possible to configure a Trio so that it will automatically update the UC software if it detects a newer version on the server? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Currently:

C60 UC Software Version 5.9.5.2831
8500 UC Software Version 5.9.5.2830

HP Recommended

Hello @jbass_srcinc ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Simply follow:

Mar 30, 2012 Question: Can I host my own upgrade Server?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above enables the pre-population of the URL

In addition, you could change this to:

<change	device.set="1"
		device.local.updateServer.set="1"
		device.local.updateServer="Location_of_SIP.LD_File" />

aka

<change	device.set="1"
		device.local.updateServer.set="1"
		device.local.updateServer.Trio8300="Location_of_SIP.LD_File"
		device.local.updateServer.Trio8500="Location_of_SIP.LD_File"
		device.local.updateServer.Trio8800="Location_of_SIP.LD_File" />	

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen.

We currently have an ftp server in house that we use to update our Trios and it works fine.
The issue is that after the phone reboots Utilities -> Software Upgrade defaults back to "Poly Hosted Server". I need our internal server to be the default even if the phone reboots. 

Is it possible to configure the phones to auto-update if a newer version of UC software is detected? 
Ultimately I'd like the phones to auto update (from our internal server) once I edit the xml file and copy the new version to the ftp server.

Thanks again,
James

HP Recommended

Hi James,

I recommend:

Nov 24, 2014 Question:How can the Phone automatically periodically check/poll for configuration changes or new software versions?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please familiarize yourself with the FAQ as most things have been already answered.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.