Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How do you connect the VVX300 to your computer, if your computer only has one RJ-45 internet connection port?

We want to connect the phone to computer so that we can utlize desktop apps, but how can we connect if our computer is already using the jack. Is there another jack option like through USB?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Brandi,

as I already tried to outline and is for example detailed => here <= the cable from your router or switch would go into the phone and then from the phone to the PC.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Brandi,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure if I fully understand your question.

The VVX300 has 2 RJ45 sockets. One for the cable from the Switch or floor port to the Phone socket with the LAN icon and you can then plug a cable into the Phone to the PC providing a network connectivity to the PC via the phones built in switch.

The VVX300 is only 100MBit so the PC may be a bit slower if the original network connection is Gigabit. 

As long as there are no firewall restrictions between the phone and PC network you can use applications with the exception of the BToE application. Using BToE the PC needs to be connected to the phones PC port.

Please provide more details what you are actually after.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response.

The problem is not with the phone but my computer, it only has one jack.

Setup-

Wired Internet to Computer

Wired Interent to Phone

The problem is that I am unable to plug an extra spot into my computer. My computer only has one RJ45 jack. So is there another way to connect the phone to the computer? For example is there an alternate cable such as an RJ45 jack to HDMI or USB that could be used?

HP Recommended

Hello Brandi,

as I already tried to outline and is for example detailed => here <= the cable from your router or switch would go into the phone and then from the phone to the PC.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I'm using Polycom ip335 set. I just want to confirm to you , Can i connect my hand set to my computer for pick the calls and dial numbers to my computer ? plese help i tried many times but i failed

HP Recommended

Hello Dawood,

Polycom does not provide such functionality in a form of a software that we deploy.

There are 3rd party solutions you would need to look for.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

You solve my 50% problem , i just tried to find in that phone , Can you suggest me any third party  ?

HP Recommended

My internet modem is does not work in my room so I connect to it by wifi.  Can you tell me how I can connect the phone to my computer without connect it to the modem? Can it use the WiFi to connect to network?

HP Recommended

Hello @Paulinha127,

Not that your post has anything to do with this topic but firstly it would be of interest what Polycom phone model you have.

In addition this was already discussed => here <= and we have this official document => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
Thank you for the reply but I want to connect without using an adapter. Is that possible.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.