Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I asked this question on community.freepbx.com but I got no reply.

SIP Software Version3.3.5.0247

• FreePBX 15.0.16.81
  • Asterisk 16.15.1
  • Sangoma EndPoint Manager 15.0.27.43
  • SoundPoint IP330

I am updating an old FreePBX system and I got most of it working except for a few small things. The phones connects and get provisioned ok but I cannot  reprogram the 3 horizontal softkeys as they were in the old system. 

To start with, even when I do not configure any softkey, I get one defined in "idle" , the label is "Msgs".When I click on it, I see this:

1 Message Center....

But it hangs, it does not seem to work.

In the old system, I had 3 softkeys defined:  "Msgs"    "Callers"    "Dir"   

"Msgs" was a speed dial for *97. 

"Callers" used to showsthe list of calls received on the phone . I dont know how it was programmed.

"Dir"  seemed to be a speed dial for 411.

When I define a softkey in the endpoint module for the 1st softkey, it actually appears on the second softkeys on the phone and the first one remains defined with "Msgs" as described above.

How can i remove the apparently useless "Msgs" softkey that appears on the 1st softkey on the new system?

How can I program the "Callers"  (list of calls) that I had in the old system ? 

Note that I am not able to program the speed dial type of actions ("Msgs" and "Dir") but I cannot program the "Callers" one. And, even if I program those actions, the default "Msgs" stays there on the first softkey.

To summarize:

==========================================================

Old System:

"Msgs"     "Callers"      "Dir"

New System:

"Msgs"              (same label as the old system but different action)

How can I recover the sofkeys that I had in the old system ?

Thank you !

Gilbert

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @GSoucy ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The SoundPoint Family is end of life since 2019 so I can only refer you to this:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button/use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I was finally able to create an action string to do what I want.

This doc is useful but far from being complete. There is not description of the features, we need to guess from the name or test them. Also the actual syntax also needs to be guessed. I put my settings in hope to help others trying to do the same thing. 

In my case, I dont care that IP330 are deprecated, we are gradually going to all-soft-phone. Soon, we will not have any physical phone .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.