Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, I am trying to configure a PAPER expansion module with the VVX410 phone.

Before I state my problem I want to disclose that I have been looking around the forums for advice. I have seen this so far:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Can-I-change-re-assign-the-appearance-of-Line-BLF-Speed-Dia...

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/VVX600-Expansion-Module-Configuration/td-p/72560

My polycom software is this one: 5.5.1.11526 

This is in my configuration file:

<lineKey
                lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1"
                lineKey.1.category="Line"
                lineKey.1.index="1"
                lineKey.13.category="BLF"
                lineKey.2.category="BLF"
         />

<attendant
                attendant.resourceList.13.address="sip:221@172.24.0.1"
                attendant.resourceList.2.address="sip:221@172.24.0.1"

/>

The line key two is properly showing the BLF on the screen. But lineKey 13 (paper expansion module) is not working and when an incoming calls comes to 221 nothing happens.

The specification in this document page 6

http://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/Voice/business_media_phones/user/en/...

The specification in this document page 6 says that if there is an active calls it should be green, if there is an incoming call, should be flashing green. There isn't anything happening.

If I go into the Settings ----> Status  ------ >  Line Key Info: I press lineKey 13 on the paper expansion module and it says : Unassigned.

If I press lineKey 2 it says: Line2:221

How come the paper expansion module isn't working? I am missing something? Please help because one of our client is waiting on this module.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello JulienL,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can reproduce this using UC Software 5.3.0 and a VVX410 and 5.4.5 using a VVX411.

I raised VESC-7519 to check if this is an issue or working as designed.

I suggest you raise this as well.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply. I contacted my polycom supplier and they said they would get back to me by Monday.

If you could post here when you get an answer from the ticket you opened that would be great.

Thanks,

Julien

HP Recommended

Any news?

HP Recommended

Hello JulienL,

I was on holiday but as this is an internal Polycom ticket there is no high urgency.

Have you made any progress with your Polycom reseller?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey, any news?

Maybe I am doing this wrong? Really need to get this working, only the speed dial seems to be working 😕

HP Recommended

Hello JulienL,

Again my own ticket is an internal Polycom ticket there is no high urgency.

Have yourself made any progress with your Polycom reseller?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Ok,well is it possible to increase the urgency? Because what if it takes 6 months? I haven't made any progress with my supplier as they haven't been answered my request. I'll be calling again.

Is it possible for you to do more test? Can you also confirm my initial post was the correct way to configure the Paper Expansion Module with the VVX410?

Thanks,

Julien

HP Recommended

Hello JulienL,

what is the MAC address of the Phone(s) ?

I assume whoever looks after you is not really your reseller. I am unable to increase the urgency as you are most likely not in my region and I need a business case etc.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

They are my reseller. I have called them and said that they will look into and should get a callback around the end of next-week.

Could you confirm that my first post contains the proper way to configure a VVX-40 paper expansion module for BLF?

Thanks,

Julien

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.