Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello...

I have 2 x Poly VVX 601 desk phones with a single color expansion module on each.  Both phones  have up to date firmware.

I have tried every single combination I can think of or Google'd every config XML example to make the key assignments on these things work...  Time to ask for help...

I have had reasonable success in the past allocating BLF and EFK keys.  I have experienced the pain when not using a correct XML editor to set things up.

I now have 45 keys assigned in a config XML file.  Mostly BLF's and about 4 EFK.

Everything works fine until the provisioning gets to about halfway through the keys.

The keys are assigned, in order, in the config XML file.  I see a BLF key appearing BEFORE where a EFK key should be - and then the EFK key assignment appearing on the next key.  I have double and triple checked the key assignment numbers and everything appears to be in order.

I also have tried leaving single unassigned keys inbetween certain key assignments, to create a 'gap' in the bunching of certain key assignments - and they don't appear where they should do either.

Can someone please provide an example config XML file that actually works on a color expansion module...

Any advice welcome!

THANK YOU

Edited to add - I factory reset the devices each time to make sure no old key assignments are present - and the results have been exactly the same.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow-up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow-up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the FAQs listed in my signature for your convenience.

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  Line, BLF, Speed Dial, and Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Maybe also try an attach your attempted configuration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

As requested, the XML config file attached.

Poly VVX 601 desk phone - latest firmware.

One single color expansion module

Using GENERIC profile

Connected to FreePBX V15

Buttons 30, 31 and 32 always appear in the order of 30, 32, 31

Thanks for assistance.

Your file upload would not allow CFG files - so I zipped it.

HP Recommended

Hello @PADAMS ,

Stating the latest software does not help others when finding this post in days, weeks, months, or years to come as they do not know what software mentioned was current at the time of writing.

Please therefore always post the exact complete build id.

Therefore the different community sections may contain a post or FAQ on how to find this.

I am nowhere near a VVX for the next 2 weeks so I cannot cross-check your cfg but I suggest you keep it XML conform aka the same style. I would also start with less configuration and build it up to the point where it fails aka 30 BLF 1st. then 31 and if that is in the right order 32 and check if you can figure out where the config is wrong.

Other community members can try and help you as well

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.