Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Scenario :

• User A opens Lync client and makes a Lync call to user B.
  • User A picks up Polycom phone and user B picks up Polycom phone.
  • Both users see an active call in their paired Lync clients.
  • User A initiates “Add more people” from his Lync client and dials mobile number C.
  • User A sees that the call is put on hold, mobile C does not ring, no conference is started.

VVX600 UCS 5.1.1.2986, BToE 2.3, Lync 2013 client.

The error message i have on Lync client B :

“An error occurred. When contacting your support team, reference error ID 603 (source ID 239).”

Thanks

Abdelhamid

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Abdelhamid,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 5.1.1 is no longer a supported Software and I can only advise you to upgrade to UC Software 5.3.1 instead

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition the LYNC Client Error message is a Microsoft LYNC related Error message and you would need to work with who looks after your LYNC Server or work directly with Microsoft on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Abdelhamid,

As Steffen said you really should upgrade the Phone software.  There is another issue I have seen.  When testing this make sure user C is not a cell phone number listed for user A.  This was an issue in older versions of UCS and I am not sure if it has been resolved.  If that is the case and you don't have another cell phone to test with just remove the cell phone from user A.

If you can get on 5.3.1 and BToE 3.0 the conferencing is vastly improved. 

HP Recommended

Thank You Steffen Baier,

Appreciate your feedback.

HP Recommended

Hello James,

Yes, the C number is a mobile number, i moved this users to a different pool and same problem it seems that related to FW.

Thank You, really appreciate your feedback.

Spoiler

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.