Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Communicator C100s is not detected in any of Laptop,When we plug the USB cable into Laptop ,it display "Device driver software not installed successfully" contact vendor for details.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please download the software for the C100s. I’m assuming that this will be used with Skype.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/communicator/communicator_c100s.h...

If the device is going to be used with our PVX software for video conferencing, please download this version of the software instead.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/communicator/communicator_c100.ht...

HP Recommended

I have a C100S. When I first plugged it in, it worked great. However, after a recent reboot, a get an error message that says the driver isn't installed. I tried downloading the software, it doesn't see the device either. I am not using Skype, but it was working with Lync and now doesn't.

I am using Windows 7. I purchased the device less than 3 months ago.

Please advise. I've recently read some reviews on this product and I believe there is a large user base who are experiencing this issue. I depend on this device for virtual meetings!

Sharon

HP Recommended

Hello Sharon,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

@slcarver wrote:

I have a C100S. When I first plugged it in, it worked great. However, after a recent reboot, a get an error message that says the driver isn't installed. I tried downloading the software, it doesn't see the device either. I am not using Skype, but it was working with Lync and now doesn't.

I am using Windows 7. I purchased the device less than 3 months ago.

Please advise. I've recently read some reviews on this product and I believe there is a large user base who are experiencing this issue. I depend on this device for virtual meetings!

Sharon

The C100S is for SKYPE only and needs the SKYPE software installed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I tried that as well. The device is not seen. Skype comes through my laptop speakers only. The device has a red/yellow ring when plugged in.

As I said, it worked for 3 months and then stopped.

HP Recommended

Hello Sharon,

if it has worked them most likely something on your PC has changed. Did you install a new firewall or has a corporate administrator made any changes.

The unit works or Windows would not come up with the driver error message.

I would suggest you contact your Polycom Reseller for support but the drivers come from the Skype Software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.