Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

In Ekiga (www.ekiga.org), I developed things so that when you add a buddy, the softphone automatically subscribes to dialog-info and to presence events at the same time.

That allows seeing the user presence :

- "Away - Out to lunch"

And to see his current calls (if pickup is possible) :

- Incoming call from "abc"

When using Asterisk, you can use one or the other, but if you use presence events to subscribe, you loose extended presence information as it is limited to "Online" / "Offline" / "On the phone" (the polycom then changes the icon to a forbidden sign).

But lets forget about Asterisk for now as it is not the purpose of the question.

What I would like is to :

- use presence events to know the presence of the person I am monitoring : "Away - Out to lunch"

- use dialog events to know if the person I am monitoring is already talking on the phone or not (and know if I can transfer the call or not)

It seems that with the polycom, and for a given buddy, you are either monitoring presence events, or dialog-info events, but not both at the same time on the expansion panel.

Am I wrong ?

Am I missing something ?

Should I use presence events and change myself the "Away - Out to lunch" status when the person is in a call ?

In that case, how can I prevent the pickup notifications enabled through the dialog-info events monitoring (aka enhanced BLF) to use the lamp fields of the phones ?

My concern is that it seems impossible to combine both types of events for a given buddy despite the fact both offer different informations (you can be in a Meeting [presence] and on the phone [dialog-info] at the same time).

Thanks,

Damien

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Damien,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Currently you can use the features as you already described and any change in this behavior should be suggested via a Feature request via your reseller.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.