Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Currently using a VVX 600 (UC 5.5.1.12442) with 1 color expansion module hooked up. The combo was working fine until today when I accidentally unplugged the AUX cable from the phone. I plugged the AUX cable back in to turn the EM back on, but now the EM is just continuously booting, turning off and back on. I've tried resetting the phone to defaults but the EM is still just booting. I could not find any relevant information in the app/boot log file unless perhaps I was looking in the wrong place. Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For the record, I skipped an important step and forgot to verify that it was not actually the phone that was the issue. I ordered a new sidecar and the new one had the same issue so I tested the old sidecar on another phone and sure enough it worked fine. The AUX port on my phone is fried.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello orderedchaos,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

An old posts => here <= is still open / pending as you have not marked it as "Accept as a solution".

If it is in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice was useful and has helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over it and mark or answer as appropriate ?

If it as marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find this easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. 

For your new issue a set of Logs and backup of your configuration may help us.

I would simply suggest a factory reset as explained here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the advice, I tried factory resetting the phone again with the EM connected but the behavior persists. I uploaded a video in case anyone is curious what it is doing.

https://youtu.be/ui2BwEqFNTI

In checking the logs again, it occurs to me there are several relevant messages. I have attached the log if you wouldn't mind taking a look.

HP Recommended

Hello orderedchaos,

the VVX itself was sold via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS back in 20/03/2014 so not sure if the expansion module is from the same time and still has warranty.

Please try:

Settings > Logging > Global Log Level Limit > Debug
Settings > Logging > Log File Size (Kbytes) > 160
Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > EM > Debug

Your Video shows they are not connected so just make sure the cable between the phone and the expansion module is properly seated and the two are attached to each other.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you, I have made sure the cable is nice and snug in the AUX port and AUX1 on the EM. I do not see those logging options under settings on my phone, not sure on that. I got this module direct from Polycom on 3/30/15, SN AP0A1424086B, under RMA Number: SBL737482 so I am guessing it is no longer under warranty.

HP Recommended

Hello orderedchaos,

I am not aware of any issues in the field and it should be here:

This is from a phone running the current GA 5.5.1.12442

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you for your patience, I've set the log levels as you suggested and waited to get some new entries. Here is a an updated log

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help Steffen, but I think this thing is bricked. Don't know how I managed that by just unplugging it, but oh well. Time to get a new one. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

For the record, I skipped an important step and forgot to verify that it was not actually the phone that was the issue. I ordered a new sidecar and the new one had the same issue so I tested the old sidecar on another phone and sure enough it worked fine. The AUX port on my phone is fried.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.