Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I know this has been discussed many times but I am still having a hard time trying to understand on how to get it set up with chrome. 

I have read the 

Feb 04, 2013 Question: Can I remotely control the Phone or send content to the Phone?

Answer: The <apps/> parameter can be used to utilize the push server controls and more information can be found => here <=

But I dont understand where do I need to code this stuff in, or does it work together with an extension?

I have a polycom VVX250, working with dialpad VOIP provider, Cisco has a dialer extension to complete this task in chrome extension store but cant find a single reliable easy and clear way to get this done on Polycom, almost making me want to return or sell my unit. 

Are there any sort of step by step instructions showing how to get this done.

My UC Software Version is 6.1.1.2670

My Updater Version is 6.1.1.2644

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @petyaa ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The answer is very simple, we do not have such ability as our competitors.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is it really that hard to implement?

HP Recommended

Hello @petyaa 

it simply never came up as a requirement for our customers. It's not a feature they demand so its low priority. I cannot speak for 3rd Party tools.

We have many other features that are demanded by the field.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So from the question that i referred to, what exactly is it able to control? And how do we program that in? There is a step where it shows that it can dial out a number remotely from a computer.

HP Recommended

Also in regards to it not being a priority I can strongly disagree , there are many people asking this same question on google, and other people trying to solve this issue with third party google chrome extension but it doesnt seem to work, at all.

HP Recommended

Hello @petyaa 

the FAQ is pretty clear.

You can do this from a MS DOS command line by sending a CURL command. 

We also support REST API as explained in the above and => here <=

In regards to the Google comment, something like this would require a business case via a feature request.

I explain this => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I have a mac , and have never heard of MS DOT or know anything about programming or CURL, thats why the FAQ isnt as clear as you may think, for someone that is completely new to this and doesnt have a huge company to hire someone to build something from scratch for me since I am a one man operation, what am I left to do, besides going with a different phone system?

HP Recommended

Hello @petyaa 

a quick google search >here< and >here< reveals how to use terminal (aka a simular tool like MS Dos) and CURL on a Mac.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you for that explanation, but since you said that click to dial isnt something that is possible at all not sure what to do, since that was one of the main reasons I got a IP phone , so it can communicate with my computer, this is what i am trying to achieve . 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.