Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Brand new VoIP user, so pardon my ignorance here. I've searched through FAQs, but can't find the answer to my specific question.

We use VVX 410 and 501 phones with OnSIP. When transfering calls, instead of seeing the list of lines in the office, we first see a list of SIP addresses. We have to choose Lines to see the users instead. After doing searches on this, there are articles on using a feature called "up.OffHookLineView.enabled" to make the Lines view the default when off hook. Sounds like what we need.

The problem is, I can't figure out how to enable or change this parameter. I've looked through several user and admin guides, but they all seem to assume that you already know how to do this. I figured out how to connect to the phone via the Web Configuration Utility, but after looking through all the settings there, I can't find it there either.

So I just need to know how to enable this feature. I asked OnSIP about it, but they claim it's a Polycom issue, not an OnSIP issue. I'm looking for enough detail to know what menu on what device I need to go into, and then where to find such parameters so I can change them.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello phil@rmmn ,

the linked FAQ should contain sufficient information to work this out.

• Basically open Notepad or any Editor like Notepad++
  • Copy this into Notepad: up.OffHookLineView.enabled
    <test up.OffHookLineView.enabled="1"/>
  • Safe this with an ending of .cfg
  • Import via the Web Interface
    Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello phil@rmmn ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

From the FAQ:

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

I'm afraid this reply still assumes a bit more knowledge about the phones and their programming than I am familiar with. I was hoping for something a bit more aimed at those with little or no experience with this.

But for starters, there are repeated references to a phone's software (UCS) version. It would be nice to know which one we have. Any direction as to where to find that would be helpful.

My understanding, though, is that when we set up OnSIP as our provisioning provider, they downloaded to our phones the software needed to work with their network. So it's not clear to me what we can and can't change and still have the phones work correctly with them.

As you can tell, this is all a bit confusing to me. I'm generally pretty tech savvy in the computer world. And our phones appear to be mini-computers configured to look/work like a phone. But the interface is still a bit cryptic to me, so I'm looking for some basic instructions to help me get acquainted with this world. Any help is appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello phil@rmmn ,

the linked FAQ should contain sufficient information to work this out.

• Basically open Notepad or any Editor like Notepad++
  • Copy this into Notepad: up.OffHookLineView.enabled
    <test up.OffHookLineView.enabled="1"/>
  • Safe this with an ending of .cfg
  • Import via the Web Interface
    Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you! That's the kind of help I was looking for.

Don't see where to mark this as an "Accept as Solution." Please advise and I'll do so.

Phil

HP Recommended

Well In my Polycomm Soundpoint IP550 model  this is not working..

I am trying to remove one Config parameter which i added for some reason and it did took  the config that time but now when i am trying to remove this parameter and save and Import .cfg file seems it stays there still..

Please advise is there any other process involve to remove parameter and save the config ..

I am trying to remove

voIpProt.SIP.conference.address="conference@domain"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.