Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am trying to change the LABEL used by my BLF lines.

The phone is a VVX 400 (UC v 4.1.6.4835) and my provider is Vonage Business.

With my previous VOIP provider, I was easily able to edit the BLF labels by using the Line Key Configuration feature of the web configuration utility. But evidently the Vonage call server does not support this feature.

I downloaded the phone's configuration and noticed that it adds the line: attendant.uri="blf" when BLF is enabled for a phone. I believe that indicates that the phone is subscribing to a resource list on the server. I do not have the ability to edit that resource file on the Vonage server so my plan is to configure the phone for static BLF.

I created and uploaded the following .cfg file and it is partially working.

<attendant

attendant.uri=""

attendant.resourceList.1.address ="sip:7701@sip-xxxxxx.accounts.vocalocity.com"
attendant.resourceList.1.label="Dave"
attendant.resourceList.1.type="normal"

attendant.resourceList.2.address ="sip:7702@sip-xxxxxx.accounts.vocalocity.com"
attendant.resourceList.2.label="Jim"
attendant.resourceList.2.type="normal"

etc...

/>

The BLF lines are using my new labels, they work as speed dial keys, and they allow me to transfer a call with one touch.

However, none of the BLF lines are displaying the busy/available status of the extension. What do I need to do to fix this?

FYI: I contacted Vonage support but they said this is beyond their support and that perhaps I should contact Polycom.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello RaymondC,

these are two completely different things as the URI sends a string with the text the phone should display unlike the other BLF Version where we "tell" the server what accounts we want to subscribe to and what names we want to show up.

Again, please work with Vonage support , this is not a Polycom issue and feel free to highlight this post as they can work with our support team if they have any doubt.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello RaymondC,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The functionality of the BLF depends completely if the server suppports this or not.

It seems your service provider supports only to SUBSCRIBE to a URL and not to individual registrations. This has nothing to do with us and  suggest you go back to them so they can work with our technical team.

There is a BLF FAQ post in this community that shows you how you can troubleshoot this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Okay, so Static BFL will not work because it requires support from the Vonage servers. I will use the URL subscription method for BFL.

But shouldn't I still be able to change the labels on the BFL lines?

I tried this:

<attendant    

attendant.resourceList.1.label="Dave"
  attendant.resourceList.2.label="Jim"
  attendant.resourceList.3.label="Kim"

etc...

/>

...but it did not have any effect.

HP Recommended

Hello RaymondC,

these are two completely different things as the URI sends a string with the text the phone should display unlike the other BLF Version where we "tell" the server what accounts we want to subscribe to and what names we want to show up.

Again, please work with Vonage support , this is not a Polycom issue and feel free to highlight this post as they can work with our support team if they have any doubt.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Okay, Steffen. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.