Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi.  This is my first post and this problem is driving me crazy.  I'm trying to upgrade the Bootrom and SIP on my soundpoint 300 VOIP phone.  I am using solarwinds TFTP to send the files over to the phone.  WHen the phone reboots it says that it is downloading the new software but then gives an error that says error updating bootROM!  On my TFTP side the error reads GET.  Interrupted by client, received error packet with code: 0 and message: Undefined error code.  The TFTP server and the phone are directly connected with a crossover cable so i know there are no switching problems. 

TFTP isn't something i use very often so if you have instructions please make them clear on how to do it.  I am grateful for any help that i can get on this issue. 

SB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Sbrousse,

hello and welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please follow this guide that explains in the language section how to load a Firmware via the Filezilla FTP Server.

I had in the past bad experiences using Solarwinds TFTP Server and used for example 3CDamon.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Sbrousse,

hello and welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please follow this guide that explains in the language section how to load a Firmware via the Filezilla FTP Server.

I had in the past bad experiences using Solarwinds TFTP Server and used for example 3CDamon.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Sbrousse,

We also now have a public boot server, if you wish to use it instead to upgrade your phone(s). Instructions are listed on the main page: http://voipt2.polycom.com

Regards,
James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.