Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am trying to enable VVX pagination on my polycom VVX450 per this article: https://docs.poly.com/bundle/ucs-ag-6-0-0/page/r3189005.html

When I export a configuration file from the web GUI and upload it again WITHOUT making any changes it wont even upload the configuration file.

I am exporting the file, using notepad++ to open it, naming the file test.cfg and saving as a .cfg file & as an .xml file, neither extensions work.

The web GUI doesn't give me an error, rather it just spins and sips and says it is uploading file.. (see attached)

I have attached a of my attempts to create an uploadable config file however the web GUI will not accept any of them.

VVX450

Software Version 6.4.3 B

Provisioned to 8x8 servers

Has anyone encountered this issue before or found another way to enable VVX pagination without config edits?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I resolved this issue after many attempts.

After exporting the .cfg file and adding the pagination information to the phone settings you need to upload it through internet explorer otherwise the upload will spin and do nothing.

If you try and upload the file through chome/firefox etc. this does not work.

You also need to add the line keys (up to 48 on VVX450) to the XML file as below: (so the VVX450 stops at lineKey.12.category="BLF" you need to add lineKey.13.category="BLF" afterwards and so on until you reach your phones new key limit. [4x your current limit])

"Line" value lets you use a line/shared line

"SpeedDial" value lets you use custom keys

"BLF" value lets you add BLFs from your telephone providers portal.

lineKey.1.category="Line"
lineKey.2.category="Line"
lineKey.3.category="BLF"
lineKey.4.category="BLF"
lineKey.5.category="BLF"
lineKey.6.category="BLF"
lineKey.7.category="BLF"
lineKey.8.category="BLF"
lineKey.9.category="BLF"
lineKey.10.category="BLF"
lineKey.11.category="BLF"
lineKey.12.category="BLF"
lineKey.13.category="BLF"
lineKey.14.category="Line"
lineKey.15.category="SpeedDial"

Don't forget to add the pagination change to the XML file if you haven't already: 

up.Pagination.enabled="1"

I added mine below this line: 

up.em.smartpaging.enabled="0"

If anyone is stuck on this please let me know and I will attempt to help you with this process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @RolyPoly ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

From our FAQ:

Nov 22, 2019 Question: Can a Poly Phone support Contacts, Registration lines or BLF / Busy Lamp Fields for more extensions that it would be capable of displaying on the main phone?

Resolution: VVX Pagination was introduced to compatible phones from UC Software 6.0.0 onwards >here<

The above has an example file. Simply download, unzip, import

If this still fails please work with our support organisation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I resolved this issue after many attempts.

After exporting the .cfg file and adding the pagination information to the phone settings you need to upload it through internet explorer otherwise the upload will spin and do nothing.

If you try and upload the file through chome/firefox etc. this does not work.

You also need to add the line keys (up to 48 on VVX450) to the XML file as below: (so the VVX450 stops at lineKey.12.category="BLF" you need to add lineKey.13.category="BLF" afterwards and so on until you reach your phones new key limit. [4x your current limit])

"Line" value lets you use a line/shared line

"SpeedDial" value lets you use custom keys

"BLF" value lets you add BLFs from your telephone providers portal.

lineKey.1.category="Line"
lineKey.2.category="Line"
lineKey.3.category="BLF"
lineKey.4.category="BLF"
lineKey.5.category="BLF"
lineKey.6.category="BLF"
lineKey.7.category="BLF"
lineKey.8.category="BLF"
lineKey.9.category="BLF"
lineKey.10.category="BLF"
lineKey.11.category="BLF"
lineKey.12.category="BLF"
lineKey.13.category="BLF"
lineKey.14.category="Line"
lineKey.15.category="SpeedDial"

Don't forget to add the pagination change to the XML file if you haven't already: 

I added mine below this line: 

up.em.smartpaging.enabled="0"

If anyone is stuck on this please let me know and I will attempt to help you with this process.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.