Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to set up some VVX 450 phones but when I try to add a Line key to some of the phones it gives me a popup saying "Enter Address Value" even though one is provided. I am using the latest version of the VVX 450 software. I have included some photos of the issue I am facing. Please let me know if there is any solution to this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I spent some time trying to figure out this issue and I have resolved the issue. To fix this I had to downgrade the software version of the phone to 6.3.1.11465, which allowed me to add the Lines on the phone. I then updated the phone software back to 6.4.0.11527 which kept the key lines that I added.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @Ahle ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a Teams / Skype for Business Server.

If Skype please provide Version details and if these are on-premise or off-premise

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides, or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include.

In addition, providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea of what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues that have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Your picture shows you are trying to add a Busy Lamp Field which is not a line.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please provide more details as outlined.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am currently using the newest version of the phone software 6.4.0.11527. 

I am also using a FreePBX SIP server. 

Please let me know if you need any more information.

HP Recommended

Hello @Ahle ,

the maximum capable amount of line keys is already assigned in the standard configuration and simply selecting the lines in the menu and adding the registrations as outlined in the above FAQ post should be sufficient.

If this is not what you are after please make it more clear what you are trying to archive. Please also ensure you check the FAQ prior to posting and/or use the community search.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am trying to create a new Line Key with the information; static BLF, Label=Line 1, Address=1,type=Automata, for a specific phone, but when I press the save button a popup appears that says "Enter Address Value" even though the value is entered in as "1".   

HP Recommended

Hello @Ahle 

in case I am repeating myself a BLF is not a line key. As already mentioned all available lines aka Line 1, 2 and so on are already assigned so simply chose the Line in the Line menu. Or do you want to duplicate an existing line key?

check the FAQ as this is described

or do you want to add a busy lamp field? If yes this is described as well but the value off 1 is not a correct value. 

so please explain what you are trying to archive. Other community volunteers are welcome to comment. 

The next step would be working with your Poly reseller to get support. If you are unsure who they are please post your MAC address 

replied via a mobile device 

HP Recommended

Sorry for not explaining enough. I am just calling the line key "Line 1" for readability purposes, it has nothing to do with the Line 1 that is programmed in the phone. Basically we have set up a park line that is at the extension "1" on our SIP and we are treating it similarly to how Line 1 would work in the phone. We cannot add a BLF line for any extension with the given parameters in my last post. This issue is only occurring on a few of the phones that we have purchased, where on the other phones doing this process with the same parameters allows us to add the line key to the phone.

I also want to say that I appreciate your patience with me, I am very new to this. 

HP Recommended

So this is not a line then

try 1@ip_or_fqdn if your SIP server

HP Recommended

I spent some time trying to figure out this issue and I have resolved the issue. To fix this I had to downgrade the software version of the phone to 6.3.1.11465, which allowed me to add the Lines on the phone. I then updated the phone software back to 6.4.0.11527 which kept the key lines that I added.

HP Recommended

I think you have conflated Lines (Call paths) and Line Keys (Call Lines or BLF Lines). When someone refers to a "Line Key" they're usually talking about the configurable Line Keys.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.