Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I currently have a phone that is using firmware version 4.1.6.2942 and am trying to upgrade it to a more recent version. I keep getting the following error when trying to install the upgrade

"Updater Has Incorrect Signature"

How do I get around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @JKuder ,

We have no idea how you came to this unit.

It is Poly property and should have been returned. Please dispose of the unit in a manner appropriate to your region and laws for recycling electronic components.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @JKuder ,

Welcome to the Poly Community. Your post was placed in the wrong section and has been moved here.

Can you tell us a bit more about the history of this phone? The original version is ancient and I am wondering if this was either a BETA unit being shipped or a Phone send by Poly Support to troubleshoot an issue.

• If BETA or ALPHA there will be a clear label on the back of the unit. 
  • If shipped by Poly support the countdown when pressing cancel with either be from 99 or state it is a development signed unit

To cut a long story short if any of the above you cannot upgrade the unit and it should have been returned to Poly.

If the above is not applicable please share the device serial number starting with 0004F or 64167F

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The label on the back says VVX 500 Development. Serial # is 0004F282EDCC

HP Recommended

Hello @JKuder ,

As stated this unit is Poly property and should have been shipped back to Poly once the test was complete. These are not for resale and you cannot use this unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

So, it is useless to me then. This cannot be replaced with a working unit?

HP Recommended

Hello @JKuder ,

We have no idea how you came to this unit.

It is Poly property and should have been returned. Please dispose of the unit in a manner appropriate to your region and laws for recycling electronic components.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.