Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am new to this forum and am having a fit getting a Soundstation IP 6000 to register with an Avaya Session Manager.  I have successfully registered them with Avaya Session Enablement Servers in the past, but no luck her.  I have App Notes from Avaya that I have followed to no avail.  I was able to get an X-Lite soft client to register successfully.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I am attching the App Note that i am using.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The core issue was the the Session Manager was a part of the Avaya ME bundle and had set up many parameters automatically.  I discovered that the automatic listening ports were TCP/5060 and TLS/5061.  Once I added UDP/5060 all IP6000 sets came up without issue.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello ehxa2,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

How about you tell us a bit more about what you have done to the SSIP6000 and what issue you are having?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am trying to get a new Soundstation IP6000 to register with an Avaya Session Manager 6.x.  I have followed all documentation that i can find including the Avaya Application Note, but I can't get the phone to register.  I have used the same setup and registered softphones without issue.  I have upgraded to the latest firmware on the IP6000 as well.  I am attaching the App Note that I have been using.

HP Recommended

Hello ehxa2,

so what is failing? Post a screenshot of your line registration.

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

How do I obtain that screenshot?  I am currently not on site, but I can get to the web interface through VPN if there is any useful information there.

Thanks for your assistance.

HP Recommended

The only thing I see on the phone when I go to the status screen is:

Line 1: 9850 (Not registered)

10.0.100.17 (Registering)

followed by

10.0.100.17 (Not registered) 0

This is the IP Address of Server 1 which is the Session Manager.

HP Recommended

Hello ehxa2,

what sort of changes did you make to the Phone?

Via the Web Interface or via provisioning from a Server?

What Software Version are you running?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I have tried settings from the phone and from the web interface.  Most recently, I only set the syslog server (based on App Notes) to the Session Manager (SM) IP address from the phone itself.

From the web interface, I set the Server 1 address to the Session Manager, port to 5060 and transport yo UDPonly.  I set the local port to 5060.  I set Line 1 name, label, etc to the phone's extension and I ahve tried to set the address to ext@domain as well as ext@SM IP Address, with authentication name as the extension and the password as the user's password that I created on the SM

HP Recommended

Hello ehxa2,

the issue in your case is most likely caused by the combination of changes made to the Phone via the GUI and the Web Interface.

Changes made via the guide take precedence over changes made to the Web Interface.

You have so far not yet responded what Software Version you are using and what method of provisioning of the Phone you have used.

We also now have a public boot server, if you wish to use it instead to upgrade your phone(s). Instructions are listed on the main page:http://voipt2.polycom.com

In your case I recommend to do the following in order to upgrade the Unit to the latest available UCS 3.3.1 rev F Build and BootROM 4.3.0:

• Press the Menu Key on the Phone
  • Select Settings
  • Select Advanced
  • Password should be 456
  • Select Admin Settings
  • Select reset to Defaults
  • Select Format File System (Attention: this will remove all settings/changes made to the Phone and delete the SIP/UCS Software)

Once the Phone reboots press Setup whilst the countdown is being shown

• Password should be 456
  • Select DHCP Menu
  • Set the Boot Server to static
  • Exit
  • Select the Server Menu
  • Change the Server Type HTTP
  • Change the Server Address to http://voipt2.polycom.com/331f/
  • Change the Server User to PlcmSpIp 
  • Change the Server Password to PlcmSpIp 
  • Exit

The Phone will now attempt to Provision itself from the public Polycom Server.

If the above fails due Firewall restrictions please liaise with your local IT Administrator Team and/or follow => this <= guide on how to setup a standalone FTP provisioning server.

Once the Phone has booted and upgraded please change settings via the Admin Menu on the Phone (Password 456) or the Web interface (Username Polycom, Password 456)

On the Phone:

·         Menu

·         (3) Settings

·         (2) Advanced

·         Password 456

·         (1) Admin Settings

·         (2) Line Configuration

·         Scroll down to select Line 1

Usually for a SIP Switch you add within the Lines Menu the following values:

Address = the Extension/DDI/Username usually assigned to the Phone

Auth User ID = the Extension/DDI/Username usually assigned to the Phone

Auth Password = the DDI Password usually assigned to the Phone

Label = can be used to show the Phones DDI or Name when idle

Within the Server 1 Settings Submenu add the IP address of the SIP Switch in the Address Field

No other entries are usually needed.

The Phone may reboot after changing Values.

For further support please contact your Polycom Reseller.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I apologize.  I upgraded to the latest version 3.3.1F

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.