Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey guys,

First off I am verry new to these phones so please forgive me.

Our company just recently put in a bunch of Soundpoint IP 335 Phones throughtout the building, connected through a Cisco Switch and  Cisco router.

Over the past few weeks we have be using these phones we have noticed upon talking on the phone or even recieving calls

we would be talking to somebody and out of the blue the call get dropped  and we either have to call them back or get them to call us back. This also happens within the system when were talking to someone on another phone (another IP 335) within the building.

Also when someone calls in the phone will ring once and then you go and pick it up and the phone is dead and the call has been dropped.

This does`nt happen all the time but it has been fairly frequent.

I have done some searching  and their is a few posts about dropped calls but nothing substantial that directly deals with this.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be happening or ways I might be able to troubleshoot this further,

Any thoughts is greatly apreciated,

Thanks,

soundguy_99

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello soundguy_99,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is most likely a routing / Firewall issue in your Network and you should read this post => here <=

The description "the phone is dead" is quite misleading as I doubt that the Phone's Display goes blank and / or the Phone reboots as I can only assume you mean there is no more Audio on the call.

Let me make you aware that the Polycom Community is not a replacement for the Polycom Support process and as you are using these Phones in a professional capacity can only advise you to work with your Reseller or VoIP Provider to get support for this issue.

If they are unable to support you please contact Polycom Support directly as we offer a PPI (Pay Per Incident) Support capability.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.