Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm getting a red X (not registered icon) when trying to configure a line appearance to not register, but otherwise send auth normally when making a call.   Since I don't WANT it to register I don't think this should be an error.  This phone will *never* receive calls on this line appearance.   Additionally I have to enable url calling in order to make any calls from the unregistered line apeparance.  This is for a test line we use.

Below is the relevant part of the config.  Any help would be appreciated.

reg.3.auth.userId="username_4157359730"
reg.3.address="username_4157359730"
reg.3.label="4157359730"
reg.3.auth.password="password"
reg.3.server.1.address="outbound.vitelity.net"
reg.3.server.1.register="0"

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello ewieling1,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I can only give you the same reply as back => here <= in August 2014 as the answer is still the same.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition the reg.x.server.y.register parameter are for SIP Server Fallback Enhancements so I do not believe this is what you are after.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I don't understand your answer, but the info requested is below. 

Phone ModelVVX 410

Part Number3111-46162-001 Rev:A

MAC Address00:04:F2:80:DF:71

IP Address172.17.3.7

UC Software Version5.1.3.1675

Updater Version5.3.3.1580

HP Recommended

I have now removed the reg.x.server.y.address.  It still doesn't work, but now it doesn't work because there is no server configured for the line appearance.

Here is the updated settings.

reg.3.auth.userId="username_4157359730"
reg.3.address="username_4157359730"
reg.3.label="4157359730"
reg.3.auth.password="password"
reg.3.server.1.register="0"

HP Recommended

Hello ewieling1,

You are stating it does not work but you are not really providing any data on what is not working.

Setting up Line 2 on a VVX with just an Address provided (reg.2.address="12345") will enable me to select this line and for example URL dial the IP of another phone to establish the call.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

When I say "it doesn't work" I mean the icon next to the line key has a red X on it.

I see the confusion.  I'm not trying to do URL calling.  I only enabled it because nothing else made any difference.

Is the only way a line can be configured to not register is to set  URL calling enabled?   Seems rather silly.

We are a CLEC and have a telephone number we use to make test outgoing off-net test calls via another carrier.   We want to be able to make these outgoing test calls from multiple polycom phones connected to different PBXs.

The number will never receive calls --i.e. there is zero need to register.  We could set this up on our PBX, but that is not what I'm trying to do.   When I tried with with a softphone (CSIPSimple) I could make outgoing calls to the preconfigured outbound proxy without registering first and without having to enter a URL on a DTMF keypad.    

HP Recommended

Hello ewieling1,

to my knowledge, Polycom phones are designed to register to a server.

I can therefore not advise you with any configuration to utilize and only ask you to work with a Polycom sales Engineer via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.