Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

CallerID name alert on outgoing calls from extension to extension. 

I know that this has already been disussed here  but the real question is that this request / issue has been around for almost 2 years and I don't see Polycom addressing it or making a modification to make this happen.

I've tested at least 5 different voip phones from different manufactures and they all got it right why can't Polycom enable or resolve something so simple.

Anyone has any clues ? Or fixes that they would like to share. And again I hope not to get a response of Called ID examples for incoming... again this is for outgoing internal extension to extension calling on the caller's phone.

I also hope I don't get the solution which seems to be any every answer in this community "An alternative could be raising this via your Polycom Reseller as a Feature request if you can provide a business case for it."

Polycom 650

UC Software 4.0.3.7562
Bootrom 5.0.3.1667

Asterisk 1.8.11-cert4

Freepbx 2.10.1.5

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello surgemorales,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The only way to incorporate this is via someone requesting it the way you already mentioned.

Our partners, who implement our phones in the vast numbers they are sold, simply have so far not seen a need for this facility.

Unless someone requests this via the official way this will not be implemented / added as there is simply no request for it.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Our customer is asking for this as well.  Worked for them until they upgraded one phone from Polycom VVX 400 to VVX 600.  They would like to see the name when calling an internal person's extension but it only shows extension number until the party answers, then it shows both extension and name.  When dialing internal extension from VVX 400 to another VVX 400, it shows fine as it always had.

We tested on VVX 500 and it does not show the name either.

Firmware used 5.4.6
with Freeswitch platform

We will be sending request information to our reseller and also notify our platform provider.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.