Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a client with a VVX 400 running 5.4.0.5841 on an Asterisk system. Whenever he is on speakerphone and picks up the handset it ends the call. This obviously makes it very difficult for him to use the phone, he can't even dial a number, press Dial and pick up the handset because that will end the call.

Two things make this especially difficult for me. This guy is technically inept and quite literally a continent away, he's in Oregon and I'm on the east coast. It's been suggested that I try factory resetting the phone but that is going to be tough to talk him through, so before I tried that I thought I would reach out and see if anyone had run into this before and if so whether it was a hardware or software issue and what they did to fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

**Update**

I talked my client through the factory reset and then re-provisioning his phone but the problem persisted. So we did some testing and I found that the calls weren't actually disconnecting when he picked up the handset but neither party could hear each other so I guess he was presuming it was disconnected. Long story short, it was the coil cord. Taught me once again to always try the simplist solutions first.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

**Update**

I talked my client through the factory reset and then re-provisioning his phone but the problem persisted. So we did some testing and I found that the calls weren't actually disconnecting when he picked up the handset but neither party could hear each other so I guess he was presuming it was disconnected. Long story short, it was the coil cord. Taught me once again to always try the simplist solutions first.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.