Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm using a Polycom 650 with the lastest bootrom and all. 

I'm using a provsioning server and I would like to change the ringtone for the call waiting.

Currently I'm using the default ringtone for an incoming call. On the provisioning server I set the following parameters

call.callWaiting.enable --> 1

call.callWaiting.ring  -----> ring

So now when I get a second call (call waiting ) I get my default ringtone, that's great. But can I change the rington for the call waiting only.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello surgemorales,

as already reminded in my previous replies the community contains a VoIP FAQ.

This post here may be of interest:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The <rt> section of the UCS 4.1.0 Admin Guide contains on page 506 the detailed Version of how you can for example modify the se.rt.callWaiting.ringer Parameter.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience and in addition please always specify the SIP / UCS Software Version.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Well I'm running on the Polycom 650

UC Software 4.0.3.7562
Bootrom 5.0.3.1667

in the sip-interop.cfg I see a folder -> see inside of it I see the following.

I attempted to change the se.rt.default, se.rt.internal and se.rt.external to ringer 12 as an example and it still rings the default ringer on the call waiting. Can you provide me more details also on the features.cfg and reg-advanced.cfg I have se.rt.enabled = 1

<se.rt>
<se.rt.answerMute se.rt.answerMute.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.answerMute.micMute="1" se.rt.answerMute.name="Answer Mute" se.rt.answerMute.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.answerMute.timeout="2000" se.rt.answerMute.type="answer" se.rt.answerMute.videoMute="1"></se.rt.answerMute>
<se.rt.autoAnswer se.rt.autoAnswer.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.autoAnswer.micMute="0" se.rt.autoAnswer.name="Auto Answer" se.rt.autoAnswer.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.autoAnswer.timeout="2000" se.rt.autoAnswer.type="answer"></se.rt.autoAnswer>
<se.rt.custom1 se.rt.custom1.callWait="ringer12" se.rt.custom1.micMute="0" se.rt.custom1.name="Custom 1" se.rt.custom1.ringer="ringer5" se.rt.custom1.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom1.type="ring"></se.rt.custom1>
<se.rt.custom10 se.rt.custom10.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom10.micMute="0" se.rt.custom10.name="Custom 10" se.rt.custom10.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom10.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom10.type="ring"></se.rt.custom10>
<se.rt.custom11 se.rt.custom11.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom11.micMute="0" se.rt.custom11.name="Custom 11" se.rt.custom11.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom11.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom11.type="ring"></se.rt.custom11>
<se.rt.custom12 se.rt.custom12.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom12.micMute="0" se.rt.custom12.name="Custom 12" se.rt.custom12.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom12.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom12.type="ring"></se.rt.custom12>
<se.rt.custom13 se.rt.custom13.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom13.micMute="0" se.rt.custom13.name="Custom 13" se.rt.custom13.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom13.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom13.type="ring"></se.rt.custom13>
<se.rt.custom14 se.rt.custom14.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom14.micMute="0" se.rt.custom14.name="Custom 14" se.rt.custom14.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom14.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom14.type="ring"></se.rt.custom14>
<se.rt.custom15 se.rt.custom15.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom15.micMute="0" se.rt.custom15.name="Custom 15" se.rt.custom15.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom15.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom15.type="ring"></se.rt.custom15>
<se.rt.custom16 se.rt.custom16.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom16.micMute="0" se.rt.custom16.name="Custom 16" se.rt.custom16.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom16.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom16.type="ring"></se.rt.custom16>
<se.rt.custom17 se.rt.custom17.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom17.micMute="0" se.rt.custom17.name="Custom 17" se.rt.custom17.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom17.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom17.type="ring"></se.rt.custom17>
<se.rt.custom2 se.rt.custom2.callWait="callWaitingLong" se.rt.custom2.micMute="0" se.rt.custom2.name="Custom 2" se.rt.custom2.ringer="ringer7" se.rt.custom2.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom2.type="ring"></se.rt.custom2>
<se.rt.custom3 se.rt.custom3.callWait="callWaitingLong" se.rt.custom3.micMute="0" se.rt.custom3.name="Custom 3" se.rt.custom3.ringer="ringer9" se.rt.custom3.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom3.type="ring"></se.rt.custom3>
<se.rt.custom4 se.rt.custom4.callWait="callWaitingLong" se.rt.custom4.micMute="0" se.rt.custom4.name="Custom 4" se.rt.custom4.ringer="ringer11" se.rt.custom4.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom4.type="ring"></se.rt.custom4>
<se.rt.custom5 se.rt.custom5.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom5.micMute="0" se.rt.custom5.name="Custom 5" se.rt.custom5.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom5.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom5.type="ring"></se.rt.custom5>
<se.rt.custom6 se.rt.custom6.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom6.micMute="0" se.rt.custom6.name="Custom 6" se.rt.custom6.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom6.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom6.type="ring"></se.rt.custom6>
<se.rt.custom7 se.rt.custom7.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom7.micMute="0" se.rt.custom7.name="Custom 7" se.rt.custom7.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom7.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom7.type="ring"></se.rt.custom7>
<se.rt.custom8 se.rt.custom8.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom8.micMute="0" se.rt.custom8.name="Custom 8" se.rt.custom8.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom8.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom8.type="ring"></se.rt.custom8>
<se.rt.custom9 se.rt.custom9.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.custom9.micMute="0" se.rt.custom9.name="Custom 9" se.rt.custom9.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom9.timeout="2000" se.rt.custom9.type="ring"></se.rt.custom9>
<se.rt.default se.rt.default.callWait="ringer12" se.rt.default.micMute="0" se.rt.default.name="Default" se.rt.default.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.default.timeout="2000" se.rt.default.type="ring"></se.rt.default>
<se.rt.emergency se.rt.emergency.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.emergency.micMute="0" se.rt.emergency.name="Emergency" se.rt.emergency.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.emergency.timeout="2000" se.rt.emergency.type="ring"></se.rt.emergency>
<se.rt.external se.rt.external.callWait="ringer12" se.rt.external.micMute="0" se.rt.external.name="External" se.rt.external.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.external.timeout="2000" se.rt.external.type="ring"></se.rt.external>
<se.rt.internal se.rt.internal.callWait="ringer12" se.rt.internal.micMute="0" se.rt.internal.name="Internal" se.rt.internal.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.internal.timeout="2000" se.rt.internal.type="ring"></se.rt.internal>
<se.rt.precedence se.rt.precedence.callWait="precedenceCallWaiting" se.rt.precedence.micMute="0" se.rt.precedence.name="Precedence" se.rt.precedence.ringer="ringer13" se.rt.precedence.timeout="2000" se.rt.precedence.type="ring"></se.rt.precedence>
<se.rt.ringAnswerMute se.rt.ringAnswerMute.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.ringAnswerMute.micMute="1" se.rt.ringAnswerMute.name="Ring Answer Mute" se.rt.ringAnswerMute.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.ringAnswerMute.timeout="2000" se.rt.ringAnswerMute.type="ring-answer"></se.rt.ringAnswerMute>
<se.rt.ringAutoAnswer se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.callWait="ringer12" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.micMute="0" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.name="Ring Answer" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.timeout="2000" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.type="ring-answer"></se.rt.ringAutoAnswer>
<se.rt.splash se.rt.splash.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.splash.micMute="0" se.rt.splash.name="Splash" se.rt.splash.ringer="ringer14" se.rt.splash.timeout="2000" se.rt.splash.type="ring"></se.rt.splash>
<se.rt.visual se.rt.visual.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.visual.micMute="0" se.rt.visual.name="Visual" se.rt.visual.ringer="ringer1" se.rt.visual.timeout="2000" se.rt.visual.type="visual"></se.rt.visual>
</se.rt>

HP Recommended

I changed the message.waiting default and it did not work nor did I finder the paramter you listed se.rt.callWaiting.ringer. I also sent part of the xml I referring to.

Any clues

I'm using a Polycom 650 
UC Software 4.0.3.7562
Bootrom 5.0.3.1667

HP Recommended

Hello surgemorales,

I am aware that the Parameter I suggested is actually incorrect but do not have an answer for you yet at present.

If you require support please contact your Polycom reseller or await other community members to reply to yourself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

So as it stands now there is NO WORKING SOLUTION for this issue ? (Unresolved)

I'm using a Polycom 650
UC Software 4.0.3.7562
Bootrom 5.0.3.1667

I'm using a provsioning server and I would like to change the ringtone for the call waiting.

Currently I'm using the default ringtone for an incoming call. On the provisioning server I set the following parameters

call.callWaiting.enable --> 1
call.callWaiting.ring -----> ring

So now when I get a second call (call waiting ) I get my default ringtone, that's great. But can I change the rington for the call waiting only.

HP Recommended

Hello surgemorales,

as explained above I am currently unaware of a solution but in addition as explained am not able to provide direct support within the community.

Please contact your Polycom reseller and raise a ticket with Polycom support.

I did not state that it is impossible, I stated that I am at present not aware on how to resolve this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I am using a Polycom VVX 300 and we would like to disable the call waiting beep. Is this possible?? I have already enabled the Reject waiting call and that has reduced the number of beeps down to one, but would like to get rid of them all together.

Please advise.

Thanks

Heidi

HP Recommended

Hello Heidi,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 26, 2013 Question: How can I disable the call waiting tone or change the tone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you. This worked perectly.

Heidi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.