Call Park with asterisk

HTCChad
Occasional Contributor

Call Park with asterisk

I am just wondering if anyone has issues in the following scenario.

Receptionist recieves a call on her polycom vvx 410 phone.  As she is talking on that call another call comes in and flashes her next available line key.  She tries to park the call using a soft key programmed with #72 for parking.  However, the phone does not respond to the soft key and when she goes to answer the second call, it puts the first caller on hold instead of putting it in a parking lot for other phones to grab the call.  If she pushes #72 instead of using the softkey it works fine and call park seems to work fine in other scenarios.  Any fixes or is this a bug with the soft keys.

It is a polycom vvx 410 with sw version 5.5.1.12442.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Call Park with asterisk

Hello HTCChad,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The important question is if this has ever worked or not ?

Some actions on softkeys would use a new line aka when pressing during a call would initiate the action on a new call.

I would first try a currently supported software like UC Software 5.6.0 or at least 5.5.2 and then play around with the MACRO itself.

What is the actual Softkey you are using?

If this is during a call you may need to use the KEYPAD action rather than a dialing string.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓ SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 2 of 2