Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are running Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 r2 for voice, our Windows users have no issues, but our Apple users cannot dial from their communicator via the CX700 as the device is not recognised by the operating system.

Is there anywhere I can get the Apple drives for this phone (assuming such things exist)?

Cheers

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Steve,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Polycom® CX700 IP Phone is designed to work with Microsoft Operating Systems only.

You can raise a Feature Request => here <= in order to highlight this to the Product Management.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We had no issues when running the CX700 (with the original firmware build) on an older version of the OSX software, but when we upgraded both the OSX and the device firmware, it has stopped working.

We have a suite of Mac's and this is getting quite frustrating.

Is there a telephone to be used by an Apple machine for Office Communicator 2007R2?

Cheers

Steve

HP Recommended

Hello Steve,

Polycom manufactures the CX700 after a Microsoft reference design and Microsoft is responsible for the Operating System Driver support running on the Operating System via the installed Communicator Version.

I would recommend that you liaise with your Microsoft Technical Account Manager (TAM) in order to highlight this issue with Microsoft as I am still struggling finding an official Microsoft or Polycom documentation highlighting that the combined usage of a CX700 with MAC OSX is a supported solution.

What Version of OSX are you running and what Version of Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 and what is the Software release installed on the CX700?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Halewood_IT,

We would like to get more info on the questions raised by Steffen so that we can attempt to resolve this for you.

What Version of OSX are you running and what Version of Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 and what is the Software release installed on the CX700?

Please let us know when you can.

Thank you,

Chad

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm the developer of Phone Amego which provides on-screen Caller ID, click-to-dial, and Mac-to-phone integration. Phone Amego recently added support for Polycom IP phones as described here:

http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/polycom.html

I'm not sure about the CX700 specifically, but Phone Amego offers a Mac software solution that works with Polycom SoundPoint IP phones.

- Peter Sichel

Sustainable Softworks

HP Recommended

@Peter,

the CX Range uses their own Protocol and are not comparable with any of the Polycom SIP based Phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.