Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have 30x CX500 and 2x CX600 Lync IP Phones which have been in operation for 1 year 4 months. We have had 3 phones (2x CX500 and 1x CX600) where the telephone hook-switch has partially failed. When the telephone handset is picked up the phone only sometimes registers it and this is very frustrating for users and renders the phone almost useless.

Has anyone else experienced this fault? Is this a known issue?

As the phones are out of warranty the repair cost is £85 per phone. I am very concerned this is going to cost us a lot of money to maintain our phones.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Sus,

I assume you are in the UK as you quoted Pounds for the RMA.

Could you please check the serial number of the affected units for me?

This is on the back of the Unit and displays the MAC address and a bar code and next to it shows the Revision.

Please provide some information on the units that are faulty and what the Rev of these units is.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for your reply. Yes the amount quoted is in UK pounds for a 30 day repair. Please see below for the faulty phone details:

CX600

0004F2965A85

REV D

CX500

0004F29630DA

REV D

CX500

0004F296AB44

REV ? This phone was actually replaced by polycom before the warranty expired. It was part of the same batch as the above.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Hello sus,

please contact your Polycom Reseller or Polycom Support directly => here <= and refer to the Switch Hook symptom.

Please have the serial numbers of the affected devices ready.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.