Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a MS Support case open and have been troubleshooting this problem for over 40 hours now... I cannot seem to get these phones to upgrade their firmware through the UCUPDATES-R2 backdoor. I have gone over every Jeff Schertz article on the web. My certificates are there, I have manually injected the intermediate and roots into the TrustedCACerts through set-cswebserviceconfiguration -trustedCACerts. I have approved firmware version 4.0.7577.4451. No matter what I do I cannot get these devices in. Once I reset the phone I cannot sign in through pin. I get error 0x2f0d/0.  Current firmware on this CX500 is 4.0.7577.4100. I have a range of different firmwares on CX600's.  I do have a CX600 on 4451 firmware that CAN log in just fine. So I know its a firmware issue... just not able to get these phones to update.

Is there any other method to getting them to update? 

IIS logs just show...

2015-01-14 21:54:55 10.0.203.17 POST /CertProv/CertProvisioningService.svc/mex - 80 - 10.6.32.57 OCPhone/4.0.7577.4100+(Microsoft+Lync+2010+Phone+Edition) - 200 0 0 9
2015-01-14 21:54:55 10.0.203.17 POST /CertProv/CertProvisioningService.svc/anon - 80 - 10.6.32.57 OCPhone/4.0.7577.4100+(Microsoft+Lync+2010+Phone+Edition) - 200 0 0 3

imageupdate/RequestHandlerAuditLog doesn't have the phones because they dont get that far.

Any help appreciated....

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Graff,

Polycom and other manufacturers produce these optimized for Microsoft® Lync® devices after a reference design and the embedded OS running on the phones is provided, supported and maintained by our partner Microsoft®.

You therefore may want to reach out to the Microsoft® community and / or Microsoft® support directly instead as this is the most direct and efficient path.

Please try here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.