Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a customer who would like to deploy CX3000 conference phones in their environment before they start moving to a Lync Enterprise Voice deployment.

Does anyone know if it is actually possible to do this?  The scenario would be 3 meeting rooms each with a PC running the Lync Client and a webcam/large monitor attached for Video.  The CX3000 would then be 'tethered' to the PC via USB, as well as connected to the network over IP. 

At the moment they have not deployed any VoIP, PSTN gateways, etc i.e. the Enterprise Voice components of Lync.

No dialin conferencing is required simply that the CX3000 functions as a Lync client.

I hope that makes sense to someone!

Thanks

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, the Microsoft firmware on certain CX phones like the 3000, limits it to Microsoft Lync environments.  However, it is possible to use us non-Lync conference phones like the IP7000 and SoundStation Duo in a Lync environment especially with the release of 4.0.1 firmware.  So you could go ahead and start using these phones now and then reconfigure them once Lync is deployed.  This usually the way the gradual deployments like this are peformed.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

just to clarify, the only officially supported Phones for LYNC are:

UCS 4.0.1 added support for phones to interoperate with a limited set of Microsoft® Lync™ server 

features (applies to SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650, 670, VVX 500, 1500, SoundStation IP 5000, SoundStation Duo, and SpectraLink 84xx).

The SSIP7000 is not officially supported due restrictions that may occur in future Software Versions.

It is working as a LYNC Client (I set it up in my Lab) but is not a supported deployment.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

@ amobley118 Great to see some participation ! Welcome to the community!

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.