Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Regarding the CX600 phones specifically, I was recently asked if the time limit for the dialing string; specifically for dialing 7-digit USA numbers, could be extended.

For example, the user tried to dial (555) 555-5555, looked away from the phone to confirm the number, during the 3-second pause, the dial string had timed out, giving the user this error: "Cannot reach the number as dialed. Please hang up the call and try again."

The request was that the user would like for the time allowed to dial a number to be extended before the call times out.

If the Customer dials the full 7-digit numeric string without pausing, the CX phone does accept the number and successfully place a call.

I walked through the documentation for the CX phones, confirming that this is not a feature nor a setting of the CX phone itself- therefore confirming that the issue is originating within the user's LYNC 2010 deployment.

What I am curious about, is if Microsoft has addressed the issue and if so, is there a Microsoft forum documenting this issue that the user could reference to gain a better handle on the issue when troubleshooting with the Microsoft technician?

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

the correct forum for CX related issues would be => here <=

Please remember that the CX phones are based on a Microsoft reference design and run a Microsoft Software (Windows CE).

All Software for the CX Phones is provided and hosted by Microsoft and a change to the current design would need to be requested from Microsoft directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.